You need to install the Shuttle drivers for the tape drive. Go to
http://www.shuttletech.com/download/english/win95.htm and download version 1.41
EPATCD Installer. Works for me. Some quirks on bootup, but I think this is
caused when I have both my parallel port scanner and tape drive on.

With 4.2 you lose the ability to format tapes. I've had great luck formatting my
old TR3 tapes. They become 3.3/6/6mb tapes.

Let me know if you have any questions