The media provided to continue the backup already contains data - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The media provided to continue the backup already contains data - Veritas Backup Exec ; I don't know why am I getting this message and failing my backup. Backup was already done to media ENH613, why is it trying to backup again to same data to same tape? I already looked at the sechedule, no ...

  1. The media provided to continue the backup already contains data

    I don't know why am I getting this message and failing my backup.
    Backup was already done to media ENH613, why is it trying to backup again
    to same data to same tape?
    I already looked at the sechedule, no duplicate selection, it was set to
    append the data, if not available, overwrite
    MC

    Drive and media information from media mount:
    Robotic Library Name: ATL 1
    Drive Name: QUANTUM 1
    Slot: 11
    Media GUID: {3A73EFB5-132A-41A9-8EA9-EF3B0808FC32}
    Media Label: ENH613
    Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
    Append Time Left: Infinite
    Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1
    The media provided to continue the backup already contains data
    from one or more sets created during this operation.
    The operation can not be continued

  2. Re: The media provided to continue the backup already contains data

    I'm getting the same thing. I found an article a while back that spoke of
    the Appendable period. Change the periods to be less than 1 hour and it
    worked great for about month. Now i've got the error messages back. Any
    ideas?

    "Mehmet Camci" wrote:

    >I don't know why am I getting this message and failing my backup.
    >Backup was already done to media ENH613, why is it trying to backup again
    >to same data to same tape?
    >I already looked at the sechedule, no duplicate selection, it was set to
    >append the data, if not available, overwrite
    >MC
    >

    >Drive and media information from media mount:
    >Robotic Library Name: ATL 1
    >Drive Name: QUANTUM 1
    >Slot: 11
    >Media GUID: {3A73EFB5-132A-41A9-8EA9-EF3B0808FC32}
    >Media Label: ENH613
    >Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
    >Append Time Left: Infinite
    >Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1
    >The media provided to continue the backup already contains data
    >from one or more sets created during this operation.
    >The operation can not be continued

+ Reply to Thread