USB external CD RW compatibility - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on USB external CD RW compatibility - Veritas Backup Exec ; My cdrw is broke and I need a new one. Where do I find the compatibility page? I want to get one of the USB external drives. Anyone know if that is ok? -- Jerry Blumenthal jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com...

  1. USB external CD RW compatibility

    --
    Jerry Blumenthal
    jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com

  2. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    only problem with doing that is you won't be allowed to do a Disaster
    Recovery.

    Chris

    "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > My cdrw is broke and I need a new one. Where do I find the compatibility
    > page?
    >
    > I want to get one of the USB external drives. Anyone know if that is ok?
    >
    > --
    > Jerry Blumenthal
    > jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com

  3. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    Why no disaster recovery? What am i missing?
    Jerry

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d6559a0$1@hronntp01....
    > only problem with doing that is you won't be allowed to do a Disaster
    > Recovery.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > My cdrw is broke and I need a new one. Where do I find the

    compatibility
    > > page?
    > >
    > > I want to get one of the USB external drives. Anyone know if that is

    ok?

    > > --
    > > Jerry Blumenthal
    > > jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com

  4. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    Do you know for a fact that the USB drives are supported?
    Jerry

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d6559a0$1@hronntp01....
    > only problem with doing that is you won't be allowed to do a Disaster
    > Recovery.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > My cdrw is broke and I need a new one. Where do I find the

    compatibility
    > > page?
    > >
    > > I want to get one of the USB external drives. Anyone know if that is

    ok?

    > > --
    > > Jerry Blumenthal
    > > jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com

  5. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    of course it matters what drive you get, but yes, the app does support USB
    drives.
    Here is the list: http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump

    DR, you need to be able to access the device in DOS or without loading any
    drivers on the system. This doesn't allow you to use USB drives for DR.

    > Do you know for a fact that the USB drives are supported?
    > Jerry
    >
    > "Chris" wrote in message news:3d6559a0$1@hronntp01....
    > > only problem with doing that is you won't be allowed to do a Disaster
    > > Recovery.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > > My cdrw is broke and I need a new one. Where do I find the

    > compatibility
    > > > page?
    > > >
    > > > I want to get one of the USB external drives. Anyone know if that is

    > ok?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jerry Blumenthal
    > > > jerry@blumenthalsoftware.com

  6. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    That looks like the nine month old list. There's one or two usb gizmos on
    it.

    Jerry

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d66a4b6$1@hronntp01....
    > of course it matters what drive you get, but yes, the app does support USB
    > drives.
    > Here is the list: http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    >
    > DR, you need to be able to access the device in DOS or without loading any
    > drivers on the system. This doesn't allow you to use USB drives for DR.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > Do you know for a fact that the USB drives are supported?
    > > Jerry
    > >
    > > "Chris" wrote in message news:3d6559a0$1@hronntp01....
    > > > only problem with doing that is you won't be allowed to do a Disaster
    > > > Recovery.
    > > >
    > > > Chris
    > > >
    > > > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message

    > > compatibility

    is
    > > ok?

  7. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    what do you have in mind?

    > That looks like the nine month old list. There's one or two usb gizmos on
    > it.
    >
    > Jerry
    >

    > "Chris" wrote in message news:3d66a4b6$1@hronntp01....
    > > of course it matters what drive you get, but yes, the app does support

    USB
    > > drives.
    > > Here is the list: http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    > >
    > > DR, you need to be able to access the device in DOS or without loading

    any
    > > drivers on the system. This doesn't allow you to use USB drives for DR.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > > Do you know for a fact that the USB drives are supported?
    > > > Jerry

    Disaster

    > > > compatibility

    > is
    > > > ok?

  8. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    Just wondering how to get a more up to date list. December 2001 is a long
    time ago, and I would think that there was later info re compatibility.

    Or maybe my best bet is to buy a machine, try it, and if it doesnt work, see
    if I can return the burner.

    Jerry

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d6a71c4@hronntp01....
    > what do you have in mind?
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message
    > > That looks like the nine month old list. There's one or two usb gizmos

    on
    > > it.
    > >
    > > Jerry
    > >

    > > "Chris" wrote in message news:3d66a4b6$1@hronntp01....
    > > > of course it matters what drive you get, but yes, the app does support

    > USB
    > > > drives.
    > > > Here is the list: http://www.stompinc.com/cgi-bin/test/compat.pl?bump
    > > >
    > > > DR, you need to be able to access the device in DOS or without loading

    > any
    > > > drivers on the system. This doesn't allow you to use USB drives for

    DR.

    > > > Chris
    > > >
    > > > "Jerry Blumenthal" wrote in message

    > Disaster

    that
    > > is

  9. Re: USB external CD RW compatibility

    take a look around and see which ones you like, come back and ask the group
    if anyone has had any experience with the ones you want. That is usually the
    best way.

    My customers always buy different kinds of hardware so I have a wide
    knowledge base, and I'm not the only one in here. So shop around and come on
    back.

    > > Disaster

    message

    > that