Backup Exec Error in Catalog - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Error in Catalog - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I try and open Backup Exec, I get a message that "BE has detected an error in the catalog". It asks me whether I wish to repair the catalog but when I click yes, it exits BE. If I ...

  1. Backup Exec Error in Catalog

    When I try and open Backup Exec, I get a message that "BE has detected an
    error in the catalog". It asks me whether I wish to repair the catalog but
    when I click yes, it exits BE. If I go back into BE, I get the same message.
    Please advise.

  2. Re: Backup Exec Error in Catalog

    Go into the program folder for Backup and delete or rename your catalog
    folder. Then start up the app. It will create a new one and allow you to
    continue.

    Chris

    "Prempal" wrote in message

    > When I try and open Backup Exec, I get a message that "BE has detected an
    > error in the catalog". It asks me whether I wish to repair the catalog but
    > when I click yes, it exits BE. If I go back into BE, I get the same

    message.
    > Please advise.

+ Reply to Thread