Catalog access failed. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog access failed. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Help please, i've been trying to do a backup for a while and all i get is this error message. Error: Catalog access failed. Please check available disk space and file system integrity. If errors continue, please remove the current ...

  1. Catalog access failed.

    Help please, i've been trying to do a backup for a while and all i get is
    this error message.

    Error: Catalog access failed. Please check available disk space and file
    system integrity. If errors continue, please remove the current and associated
    media from the catalog with the 'Catalog Cleanup' menu item. To re-add the
    removed media, use the 'Catalog Import' menu item'. The error was detected
    during the 'CreateVersion(Sel)' operation, with error code:1, on item:

    I've done what the error says to do, but it's still the same.
    I reinstalled windows and backup exec 98 but i can't get red of the error.
    After the error comes up, i get a bewin32 illegal operation error and the
    computer hangs up.

    If anybody knows how to take care of that please let me know.

    Thank you !!

  2. Re: Catalog access failed.

    try renaming the directory that the catalog is in.

    Chris

    "Fernando" wrote in message

    > Help please, i've been trying to do a backup for a while and all i get is
    > this error message.
    >
    > Error: Catalog access failed. Please check available disk space and file
    > system integrity. If errors continue, please remove the current and

    associated
    > media from the catalog with the 'Catalog Cleanup' menu item. To re-add the
    > removed media, use the 'Catalog Import' menu item'. The error was detected
    > during the 'CreateVersion(Sel)' operation, with error code:1, on item:
    >
    > I've done what the error says to do, but it's still the same.
    > I reinstalled windows and backup exec 98 but i can't get red of the error.
    > After the error comes up, i get a bewin32 illegal operation error and the
    > computer hangs up.
    >
    > If anybody knows how to take care of that please let me know.
    >
    > Thank you !!

  3. Re: Catalog access failed.

    Hello

    This works good for a while but after some time you get the same error is
    the database from this program unstable?
    Is there a solution for this problem??

    Thank you

    Ruud

    "Chris" wrote:
    >try renaming the directory that the catalog is in.
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"Fernando" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Help please, i've been trying to do a backup for a while and all i get

    is
    >> this error message.
    >>
    >> Error: Catalog access failed. Please check available disk space and file
    >> system integrity. If errors continue, please remove the current and

    >associated
    >> media from the catalog with the 'Catalog Cleanup' menu item. To re-add

    the
    >> removed media, use the 'Catalog Import' menu item'. The error was detected
    >> during the 'CreateVersion(Sel)' operation, with error code:1, on item:
    >>
    >> I've done what the error says to do, but it's still the same.
    >> I reinstalled windows and backup exec 98 but i can't get red of the error.
    >> After the error comes up, i get a bewin32 illegal operation error and

    the
    >> computer hangs up.
    >>
    >> If anybody knows how to take care of that please let me know.
    >>
    >> Thank you !!

+ Reply to Thread