Backup MyPC - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup MyPC - Veritas Backup Exec ; Folks, I am using the Colorado/HP backup program version 3.22 (the only one I could get to work) using an HP T4000s tape drive. This program repeatedly discovers bad sectors on new cartridges --- then the next run on the ...

  1. Backup MyPC

    Folks,
    I am using the Colorado/HP backup program version 3.22 (the only one I
    could get to work) using an HP T4000s tape drive.
    This program repeatedly discovers bad sectors on new cartridges --- then the
    next run on the same cartridge, all is A-OK.

    I am a potential buyer of the Veritas Backup MyPC.
    I would appreciate knowing any caveats of this program --
    such as will it work OK with the T4000s drive and TR04/Travan
    cartridges?
    will it try to recover bad tape sectors?

    Thank You,

    James
    jhboatwright@bellsouth.net

  2. Re: Backup MyPC

    try going to stomp and downloading the demo.

    Chris

    "James Boatwright" wrote in message
    > Folks,
    > I am using the Colorado/HP backup program version 3.22 (the only one I
    > could get to work) using an HP T4000s tape drive.
    > This program repeatedly discovers bad sectors on new cartridges --- then

    the
    > next run on the same cartridge, all is A-OK.
    >
    > I am a potential buyer of the Veritas Backup MyPC.
    > I would appreciate knowing any caveats of this program --
    > such as will it work OK with the T4000s drive and TR04/Travan
    > cartridges?
    > will it try to recover bad tape sectors?
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > James
    > jhboatwright@bellsouth.net

+ Reply to Thread