Error message during verify - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error message during verify - Veritas Backup Exec ; Recently, we've been getting the following error messages in the report: Error: C:\"file" does not match the original. I would assume this is comparing the backed-up file with what is on the hard drive & finding some difference. However, none ...

  1. Error message during verify

    Recently, we've been getting the following error messages in the report:
    Error: C:\"file" does not match the original.

    I would assume this is comparing the backed-up file with what is on the hard
    drive & finding some difference. However, none of the files it lists are
    in use, or being time stamped in any way.I've even gone in & created new
    jobs & still get some of these error messages. Does anyone know why this
    is happening? I know its not critical, just a nuisance. Thanks.

  2. Re: Error message during verify

    I don't know why this is happening but I certainly would not dismiss it
    out of hand. At the VERY least, what I would do, is to Restore a few of
    these "bad" files to a temporary folder and do a FC (file compare) in DOS
    mode on both files. However, even if they compared OK I would be very
    leery about any backup software giving me errors. What device are you
    backing up to?

    "Jim Carter" wrote in message

    > Recently, we've been getting the following error messages in the report:
    > Error: C:\"file" does not match the original.
    >
    > I would assume this is comparing the backed-up file with what is on the

    hard
    > drive & finding some difference. However, none of the files it lists are
    > in use, or being time stamped in any way.I've even gone in & created new
    > jobs & still get some of these error messages. Does anyone know why this
    > is happening? I know its not critical, just a nuisance. Thanks.

  3. Re: Error message during verify

    We are using an HP Colorado Travan Tape Backup. Thanks for your response.
    "Leon FB" wrote:
    >I don't know why this is happening but I certainly would not dismiss it
    >out of hand. At the VERY least, what I would do, is to Restore a few of
    >these "bad" files to a temporary folder and do a FC (file compare) in DOS
    >mode on both files. However, even if they compared OK I would be very
    >leery about any backup software giving me errors. What device are you
    >backing up to?
    >

    >"Jim Carter" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Recently, we've been getting the following error messages in the report:
    >> Error: C:\"file" does not match the original.
    >>
    >> I would assume this is comparing the backed-up file with what is on the

    >hard
    >> drive & finding some difference. However, none of the files it lists are
    >> in use, or being time stamped in any way.I've even gone in & created new
    >> jobs & still get some of these error messages. Does anyone know why this
    >> is happening? I know its not critical, just a nuisance. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread