In article <3b085c96$1@hronntp01.?>, Thomas Nery
writes
>I've been a satisfied BE user for years and have always maintained the most
>recent version. Today I upgraded my CDR from a HP9100 (8x CDR speed) to a
>Buslink (16x CDR speed) with burn safe.

If you look back at previous threads in this group, you will find that
specific drive support is a major issue.
It takes a while for Veritas to test and configure-in a new model and in
the meantime BE won't recognise the new type(s). Unfortunately, the way
BE works, there's no such thing as a 'default, generic' drive spec and
little possibility of substituting a different drive ID to fool BE.
PITA, but there it is.

--
John Brooks Technical Sales & Development Manager
Nemesys Data Systems Ltd., Croydon CR9 6DA, UK