Windows98 Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows98 Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; When backing up to a CDRW, I receive the error message "end of media suddenly reached". This occurs after nearly an hour of what appears to be normal operation. Shouldn't I get a message that prompts for new media and ...

  1. Windows98 Backup

    When backing up to a CDRW, I receive the error message "end of media
    suddenly reached". This occurs after nearly an hour of what appears
    to be normal operation. Shouldn't I get a message that prompts
    for new media and then continue the backup?

  2. Re: Windows98 Backup

    Depends on whether or not your burner is supported by BE.

    --
    todd.champ@honeywell.com
    612.872.3542
    "Ken Haxel" wrote in message news:3aeed27a$1@hronntp01....

    > When backing up to a CDRW, I receive the error message "end of media
    > suddenly reached". This occurs after nearly an hour of what appears
    > to be normal operation. Shouldn't I get a message that prompts
    > for new media and then continue the backup?

  3. Re: Windows98 Backup

    "todd champ" wrote:
    >Depends on whether or not your burner is supported by BE.
    >
    >--
    >todd.champ@honeywell.com
    >612.872.3542
    >"Ken Haxel" wrote in message news:3aeed27a$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> When backing up to a CDRW, I receive the error message "end of media
    >> suddenly reached". This occurs after nearly an hour of what appears
    >> to be normal operation. Shouldn't I get a message that prompts
    >> for new media and then continue the backup?
    >>

    >I wonder if you are trying to use Windows Back-up for back-up to the CD-ROM?

    I believe Windows 98 back-up will not span from disk to disk and continue
    the backup. You may need a third party back-up program to make it work. Make
    sure any new software you use can "see" your CD-ROM.

+ Reply to Thread