restore problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on restore problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've noticed a few similar questions to this, but I'm still looking for a possible solution: I used Microsoft Backup (included with Win 98) to backup selected files to a CDRW (I had no problems backing this up to a ...

  1. restore problem

    I've noticed a few similar questions to this, but I'm still looking for
    a possible solution:

    I used Microsoft Backup (included with Win 98) to backup selected files
    to a CDRW (I had no problems backing this up to a CD). I reformatted my
    harddrive and reinstalled Win and now I can't perform a restore. When I
    try to open the backup file thru Explorer (which is recognized as a 538
    MB .qic file on the CD), it opens up Microsoft Backup, but then delivers
    a message "The Current Media Does Not Contain Any Backup Sets. The
    Operation Will Be Cancelled." Any idea how to recover the catalog or can
    another version read this? I dunno.

    Amy

  2. Re: restore problem

    Good day Amy,

    Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I'm having the
    same problem (over a year now) and I have not been able to find
    a solution. I can't give up on my backup as it has years of very
    important information.

    Claude.

    Amy McDonald wrote:
    >I've noticed a few similar questions to this, but I'm still looking for
    >a possible solution:
    >
    >I used Microsoft Backup (included with Win 98) to backup selected files
    >to a CDRW (I had no problems backing this up to a CD). I reformatted my
    >harddrive and reinstalled Win and now I can't perform a restore. When I
    >try to open the backup file thru Explorer (which is recognized as a 538
    >MB .qic file on the CD), it opens up Microsoft Backup, but then delivers
    >a message "The Current Media Does Not Contain Any Backup Sets. The
    >Operation Will Be Cancelled." Any idea how to recover the catalog or can
    >another version read this? I dunno.
    >
    >Amy

  3. Re: restore problem

    Do do this you would have to have used another CD Writting application, like
    Adaptec Direct CD or Veritas DLA.
    Have you reinstalled that application? Have you tried dragging the .QIC file
    over to your hard drive and tried to restore from file?

    Chris

    "Claude Campbell" wrote in message

    > Good day Amy,
    >
    > Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I'm having the
    > same problem (over a year now) and I have not been able to find
    > a solution. I can't give up on my backup as it has years of very
    > important information.
    >
    > Claude.
    >
    > Amy McDonald wrote:
    > >I've noticed a few similar questions to this, but I'm still looking for
    > >a possible solution:
    > >
    > >I used Microsoft Backup (included with Win 98) to backup selected files
    > >to a CDRW (I had no problems backing this up to a CD). I reformatted my
    > >harddrive and reinstalled Win and now I can't perform a restore. When I
    > >try to open the backup file thru Explorer (which is recognized as a 538
    > >MB .qic file on the CD), it opens up Microsoft Backup, but then delivers
    > >a message "The Current Media Does Not Contain Any Backup Sets. The
    > >Operation Will Be Cancelled." Any idea how to recover the catalog or can
    > >another version read this? I dunno.
    > >
    > >Amy

+ Reply to Thread