Device Missing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Device Missing - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am using BE 4.5 for Win2K. Originally was installed with an HP 9310 burner which was detected. I since purchased a HP Travan 14gig tape unit. Now BE only sees the HP 14gig device, the burner is no ...

  1. Device Missing

    Hi, I am using BE 4.5 for Win2K. Originally was installed with an HP 9310
    burner which was detected. I since purchased a HP Travan 14gig tape unit.
    Now BE only sees the HP 14gig device, the burner is no longer listed in
    backup to device list. But oddly it is listed under "Configure Devices" in
    the program group. Thank You Steven

  2. Re: Device Missing

    have you installed microsoft media player 7? try installing the file "MP7PATCH_230893.EXE"
    from the site:

    http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...uage_HRO_1.htm

    "Steven Stern" wrote:
    >Hi, I am using BE 4.5 for Win2K. Originally was installed with an HP 9310
    >burner which was detected. I since purchased a HP Travan 14gig tape unit.
    >Now BE only sees the HP 14gig device, the burner is no longer listed in
    >backup to device list. But oddly it is listed under "Configure Devices"

    in
    >the program group. Thank You Steven

  3. Re: Device Missing

    Thank you very much, it did the trick!!
    "Rerun" wrote in message news:39abbf77$1@hronntp01....

    > have you installed microsoft media player 7? try installing the file

    "MP7PATCH_230893.EXE"
    > from the site:

    http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...OPEDT_ATLSFCD_
    BEDSKTOPEDT_PRODID_43_s_filter_lang_English_filter _type_language_HRO_1.htm

    > "Steven Stern" wrote:
    > >Hi, I am using BE 4.5 for Win2K. Originally was installed with an HP

    9310
    > >burner which was detected. I since purchased a HP Travan 14gig tape unit.
    > >Now BE only sees the HP 14gig device, the burner is no longer listed in
    > >backup to device list. But oddly it is listed under "Configure Devices"

    > in
    > >the program group. Thank You Steven

  4. Re: Device Missing

    have you installed microsoft media player 7, or SP1 lately? try running the
    patch from the following link:

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...EDT/231072.htm

    "Steven Stern" wrote:
    >Hi, I am using BE 4.5 for Win2K. Originally was installed with an HP 9310
    >burner which was detected. I since purchased a HP Travan 14gig tape unit.
    >Now BE only sees the HP 14gig device, the burner is no longer listed in
    >backup to device list. But oddly it is listed under "Configure Devices"

    in
    >the program group. Thank You Steven

+ Reply to Thread