Backup Exec 4.2 Recovery Wizard - Diskette Full - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.2 Recovery Wizard - Diskette Full - Veritas Backup Exec ; Upgraded to 4.2 from Seagate BE, when I run the Recovery Wizard and it starts by creating the Start Up disks 1.44 floppys, but on the first one it stops with a disk full message. My system uses a SCSI ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.2 Recovery Wizard - Diskette Full

    Upgraded to 4.2 from Seagate BE, when I run the Recovery Wizard and it starts
    by creating the Start Up disks 1.44 floppys, but on the first one it stops
    with a disk full message. My system uses a SCSI controller and a DVD-RAM
    to back up to. Did not have this problem before the upgrade. Looks like 4.2
    is trying to copy enough files to make a RAM disk Drive, but a 1.44 can not
    hold all the files required. Is there any way to make the Start UP disks
    a little leaner so I can have a Disatery Recovery that will work?

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.2 Recovery Wizard - Diskette Full

    Make sure the diskette (1.44M) is cleanly formatted with NO system files
    and no Sector errors.

    "Jim Smail" wrote in message

    > Upgraded to 4.2 from Seagate BE, when I run the Recovery Wizard and it

    starts
    > by creating the Start Up disks 1.44 floppys, but on the first one it

    stops
    > with a disk full message. My system uses a SCSI controller and a DVD-RAM
    > to back up to. Did not have this problem before the upgrade. Looks like

    4.2
    > is trying to copy enough files to make a RAM disk Drive, but a 1.44 can

    not
    > hold all the files required. Is there any way to make the Start UP disks
    > a little leaner so I can have a Disatery Recovery that will work?

+ Reply to Thread