Backup going nowhere fast... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup going nowhere fast... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec 98 is scheduled to backup several files on the network F: drive at 12:30am. Without fail, the backup stops on a file (different each time) in the middle of the backup process. The time elapsed continues to increment, ...

  1. Backup going nowhere fast...

    Backup Exec 98 is scheduled to backup several files on the network F: drive
    at 12:30am. Without fail, the backup stops on a file (different each time)
    in the middle of the backup process. The time elapsed continues to increment,
    as does the estimated time left. The backup never finishes. Sometimes,
    if I run it manually in the daytime, it will backup successfully. The backup
    should only take about 10 minutes.
    Help!

  2. Re: Backup going nowhere fast...

    does the software backup local drives fine?
    are you closing down the background apps before starting the backup(especially
    anti virus)?

    "John Thomas" wrote:

    >Backup Exec 98 is scheduled to backup several files on the network F: drive
    >at 12:30am. Without fail, the backup stops on a file (different each time)
    >in the middle of the backup process. The time elapsed continues to increment,
    >as does the estimated time left. The backup never finishes. Sometimes,
    >if I run it manually in the daytime, it will backup successfully. The backup
    >should only take about 10 minutes.
    >Help!

  3. Re: Backup going nowhere fast...

    What version of the sofrware?

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup.
    "John Thomas" wrote in message

    > Backup Exec 98 is scheduled to backup several files on the network F:

    drive
    > at 12:30am. Without fail, the backup stops on a file (different each

    time)
    > in the middle of the backup process. The time elapsed continues to

    increment,
    > as does the estimated time left. The backup never finishes. Sometimes,
    > if I run it manually in the daytime, it will backup successfully. The

    backup
    > should only take about 10 minutes.
    > Help!

+ Reply to Thread