network back up - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on network back up - Veritas Backup Exec ; I backed up my 2nd computer over my network. When I try to run the CD's on that computer or try a disaster recovery it wants my memorex rw on the primary computer. Is there a way to run it ...

  1. network back up

    I backed up my 2nd computer over my network. When I try to run the CD's on
    that computer or try a disaster recovery it wants my memorex rw on the primary
    computer. Is there a way to run it on the client computers cd?

  2. Re: network back up

    no, the disaster recovery will only work on the local computer with the backup
    device the diskettes were created with

    "John" wrote:

    >I backed up my 2nd computer over my network. When I try to run the CD's

    on
    >that computer or try a disaster recovery it wants my memorex rw on the primary
    >computer. Is there a way to run it on the client computers cd?

+ Reply to Thread