Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have lost a very important data due to the standard backup procedure of the Win98 SE. I made backup of my data to the "qic" file and when i wanted to do restore, i'm receiving the next error:"An ...

  1. Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP

    Hi,
    I have lost a very important data due to the standard backup procedure of
    the Win98 SE. I made backup of my data to the "qic" file and when i wanted
    to do restore, i'm receiving the next error:"An errore occurred while
    reading the media.(Comment: The "qic" file located in to my HDD) <...> End
    of volume(4613 1205)".
    Can You advice me how to solve the my problem? May be exists a some way to
    repair the "qic" file or another way to restore my data?

  2. Re: Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP

    "Omelchenko Andrey" <2andrey@iname.com> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I have lost a very important data due to the standard backup procedure of
    >the Win98 SE. I made backup of my data to the "qic" file and when i wanted
    >to do restore, i'm receiving the next error:"An errore occurred while
    >reading the media.(Comment: The "qic" file located in to my HDD) <...> End
    >of volume(4613 1205)".
    >Can You advice me how to solve the my problem? May be exists a some way

    >repair the "qic" file or another way to restore my data?

  3. Re: Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP

    "Omelchenko Andrey" <2andrey@iname.com> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I have lost a very important data due to the standard backup procedure of
    >the Win98 SE. I made backup of my data to the "qic" file and when i wanted
    >to do restore, i'm receiving the next error:"An errore occurred while
    >reading the media.(Comment: The "qic" file located in to my HDD) <...> End
    >of volume(4613 1205)".
    >Can You advice me how to solve the my problem? May be exists a some way

    >repair the "qic" file or another way to restore my data?

    what i suggest is that you download the evaluation version of backup exec
    desktop edition and try restoring your data with that.

  4. Re: Corrupt "qic" file. Plz. HELP

    "Rerun" wrote:

    >"Omelchenko Andrey" <2andrey@iname.com> wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>I have lost a very important data due to the standard backup procedure

    of
    >>the Win98 SE. I made backup of my data to the "qic" file and when i wanted
    >>to do restore, i'm receiving the next error:"An errore occurred while
    >>reading the media.(Comment: The "qic" file located in to my HDD) <...>

    End
    >>of volume(4613 1205)".
    >>Can You advice me how to solve the my problem? May be exists a some way

    >>repair the "qic" file or another way to restore my data?

    I have the same problem as you. I have tried Backup Exec. It will not fix
    the problem.

+ Reply to Thread