How to buy English BE Desktop in Europe?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to buy English BE Desktop in Europe?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Last week I downloaded the BE Desktop Win98 trial version and now I'm convinced - it's a great product. Now all I'm trying to do is to buy it! Unfortunately it's not just a matter of buying a key, one ...

  1. How to buy English BE Desktop in Europe??

    Last week I downloaded the BE Desktop Win98 trial version and now
    I'm convinced - it's a great product. Now all I'm trying to do
    is to buy it! Unfortunately it's not just a matter of buying a
    key, one has to purchase a new distribution. Being in Germany,
    I can't use the Veritas online store which is restricted to those
    with North American addresses, even for the downloadable version.
    I've looked at both the Veritas UK and German web sites, and then
    at every reseller pointed to by those: the UK resellers only
    offer the various server versions, the German ones only German
    versions. I visited the two largest computer stores in my
    area and they hadn't even heard of Backup Exec.

    I wouldn't mind a German 4.2 version per se, but I need to know
    that: a) it is really guaranteed to be at the same level as the
    known good working US evaluation version and b) I can easily
    download updates later (I've been burned here before). I sent
    e-mails to Veritas sales for Europe and Central Europe, but have
    no response so far. Maybe the distribution CD-ROM is multilingual,
    I can't find anyone who can tell me that.

    Could someone please give me a clue where I can order the English
    version of Backup Exec Desktop Edition 4.2 or later for Windows
    98 and soon? The 30-day clock is ticking merrily away ...
    Thanks!

  2. Re: How to buy English BE Desktop in Europe??

    you could try their US customer service phone number
    don't know how this will work calling from Germany though
    1-888-732-2021
    my US cd has french, english, german and spanish...

+ Reply to Thread