Annoying warning message on timed background backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Annoying warning message on timed background backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've started getting this message when Backup Exec 98 v4.2 opens, either as scheduled background backup or when opened from the Start button. It says: "This job was created using Automatic Data Protection, which ensures that your backups will be ...

  1. Annoying warning message on timed background backup

    I've started getting this message when Backup Exec 98 v4.2 opens, either as
    scheduled background backup or when opened from the Start button. It says:

    "This job was created using Automatic Data Protection, which ensures that
    your backups will be run on a regular basis. It is recommended that you
    do not modify this backup job."

    This defeats the purpose of a scheduled untended backup as it won't proceed
    unless I click OK. I have no intention of "modifying this backup job" and
    wish it would stop warning me. Any way to eliminate this message?

  2. Re: Annoying warning message on timed background backup

    it's a problem with the ADP jobs
    go into the scheduler and delete any jobs with the word "automatic" in the
    title
    don't use the automatic data protection jobs
    create you own full backup and incremental/differential backup jobs and
    schedule them
    when creating those jobs DO NOT use the word automatinc in the jobs name

+ Reply to Thread