Does Backup Exec Disaster Recovery work with HP M820e SCSI PCMCIA CDrw drive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Does Backup Exec Disaster Recovery work with HP M820e SCSI PCMCIA CDrw drive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can anyone tell me whether I can get backup exec to work with my HP M820e cdrw drive? It has a scsi pcmcia connector and doesn't seem to be recognised as a backup device by backup exec. I want to ...

  1. Does Backup Exec Disaster Recovery work with HP M820e SCSI PCMCIA CDrw drive?

    Can anyone tell me whether I can get backup exec to work with my HP M820e
    cdrw drive? It has a scsi pcmcia connector and doesn't seem to be recognised
    as a backup device by backup exec.
    I want to use the DR software to backup my hard disk to CDrws.
    THanks.
    DMc

  2. Re: Does Backup Exec Disaster Recovery work with HP M820e SCSI PCMCIA CDrw drive?

    it's not a supported device, you could do it backing up to it as a drive
    letter, creating a ".qic" file, but when you do that you are bound to jobs
    that do not span cd's...in other words the jobs would have to fit on one cd

+ Reply to Thread