Yamaha CDW8424e - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Yamaha CDW8424e - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anybody get this drive to work with any of the versions of BE Desktop 98. I had the drive working fine with Direct CD and CD Creator, but when I installed (and then uninstalled) version 3.0, I can no longer ...

  1. Yamaha CDW8424e

    Anybody get this drive to work with any of the versions of BE Desktop 98.
    I had the drive working fine with Direct CD and CD Creator, but when I installed
    (and then uninstalled) version 3.0, I can no longer get Windows 98 to come
    up, except in safe mode. I must detach the cable from the secondary IDE
    port in order for the computer to function correctly. Any ideas on how to
    fix this are much appreciated. I don't even care if I cannot use the drive
    for backup, as long as I can get it functioning again the way it was before.
    Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

    Charles

  2. Re: Yamaha CDW8424e

    here's some things to try
    do a search for drvw*.vxd, if any are found delete them, they are the
    drivers backup exec installs
    try uninstalling all of your mastering software, ie directcd and ez cd
    creator and then reinstall them
    go into device manager and remove the hard disk controller, probably an
    intel busmaster ide controller, and reboot, windows should redetect the
    controller and reinstall the drivers for it
    make sure the burner is configured for master/slave correctly if any other
    devices are on that secondary controller with it
    good luck

+ Reply to Thread