Error messages - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error messages - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am connected to a LAN and everytime I try to backup my hard drive onto CDRW's I get a report stating the following files are busy and would be skipped. C:\Windows\msimgsiz.dat; C:\windows\history\history.IE5\index.dat; C:\windows\temporary Internet files\content.ie5\index.dat. My question is if ...

  1. Error messages

    I am connected to a LAN and everytime I try to backup my hard drive onto CDRW's
    I get a report stating the following files are busy and would be skipped.
    C:\Windows\msimgsiz.dat; C:\windows\history\history.IE5\index.dat; C:\windows\temporary
    Internet files\content.ie5\index.dat. My question is if I reboot my system,
    will I still get these messages. I can probably understand the IE5.dat messages
    going away, but what about the msimgsiz.dat file?

  2. Re: Error messages

    it's just a dat file and probably is not important to running IE5,
    considering the name...and this is only a guess...it looks like it has
    something to do with image size settings...unsure though
    a good way to test how important it is to IE5 would be to do a search for
    it, once found, rename it with an extension of .old, reboot the computer and
    try to use IE 5, if it works fine the obviously the file is unimportant, if
    IE 5 acts up or doesn't work, just rename it with the .dat extension and
    reboot and you should be good to go
    to determine it's reason for existance try searching microsofts site for the
    name of the file

+ Reply to Thread