Can I install and keep 2 versions of BU on my hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can I install and keep 2 versions of BU on my hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can I install two different versions of BUExec in different folders of my HD? Sometimes I want to back up to a parallel zip, sometimes to a parallel tape drive (and each week I'll swap the device on the parallel ...

  1. Can I install and keep 2 versions of BU on my hard drive?

    Can I install two different versions of BUExec in different folders
    of my HD? Sometimes I want to back up to a parallel zip,
    sometimes to a parallel tape drive (and each week I'll swap
    the device on the parallel port).

    I figure I need 2 versions because I assume the program will not
    notice the new device, unless I reinstall. For example,
    if BUExec is currently configured to back up to a zip drive, but then
    tomorrow I disconnect the zip and connect a tape drive,
    BUExec will not see any device.

    Or is there some better way to be able to do this without
    installing BUExec twice?

  2. Re: Can I install and keep 2 versions of BU on my hard drive?

    swap the devices while the computer is turned off, power up, go into backup
    exec and see if the desired device is there
    it should be, i've done the same with a parallel cdrw and parallel tape
    drive with no problems

+ Reply to Thread