I have Veritas Backup 4.2 for Windows 98. When my Energy-Star compliant
monitor goes blank, a restore in progress will fail. The error message
says something about a DMA; I didn't write it down exactly. If I turn
power saving off for the monitor, the restore will go perfectly.

I have just upgraded my computer and did not have this problem with my
last one. I currently have a Tyan Trinity 400 m/b with a Celeron
processor. I use an ATI Rage Fury w/DVD support AGP card. My backup
devices are an Exabyte TR-3 tape drive; an ATAPI Zip drive; and an HP
7500i CD-RW drive (BTW, all of these backup devices were present in my
old system.).

Thanks,

Todd