Header Update Failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Header Update Failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; Seagate Backup Exec for Windows 9x/NT Version: 3.1.1a (TSR) Build: TSR 210 B48W "An error occurred while writing the Final Volume Data (FSD). Header update failed (4614 1206)" This happens every time, with different tapes and different Backup Jobs. A ...

  1. Header Update Failed

    Seagate Backup Exec for Windows 9x/NT
    Version: 3.1.1a (TSR)
    Build: TSR 210 B48W
    "An error occurred while writing the Final Volume Data (FSD). Header update
    failed (4614 1206)"
    This happens every time, with different tapes and different Backup Jobs. A
    Backup Wizard - Backup My Computer typically works. Any suggestions?
    TIA
    ---- Jim
    X out spam X

  2. Re: Header Update Failed

    > "An error occurred while writing the Final Volume Data (FSD). Header update
    > failed (4614 1206)"
    > This happens every time, with different tapes and different Backup Jobs.

    Your catalog is corrupted. This happens a lot unfortunately. The
    solution is to delete all the files in the catalog folder (its under
    the Backup Exec System folder).

    Note that you can upgrade to Backup Exec Desktop 4.2 for free but the
    error still occurs there too. It seems to happen when the catalog
    files get very large (i.e. after a few weeks of backups).

    --
    Stuart Middleton-White Internet : stuwhite@gte.net
    Dallas, TX CompuServe : stuartmw (100035,1035)

+ Reply to Thread