Backup wait 10 minutes before start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup wait 10 minutes before start - Veritas Backup Exec ; By pressing 'start backup' Backup Exec is waiting 10 minutes (syste,load = 100%) before the backup begins. After deinstall and new install all is fine, 2 months later the same problem. V4.2 (before i had the seagate 3.0a, same problem). ...

  1. Backup wait 10 minutes before start

    By pressing 'start backup' Backup Exec is waiting 10 minutes (syste,load =
    100%)
    before the backup begins. After deinstall and new install all is fine, 2
    months later
    the same problem. V4.2 (before i had the seagate 3.0a, same problem). any
    hints??

  2. Re: Backup wait 10 minutes before start

    I'm experiencing the same situation on a 3 PC network. On a stand alone PC
    at home, the backup takes off right away (?)

    =
    >100%)
    >before the backup begins. After deinstall and new install all is fine, 2
    >months later
    >the same problem. V4.2 (before i had the seagate 3.0a, same problem). any
    >hints??

  3. Re: Backup wait 10 minutes before start

    Maybe it is taking forever to update the catalogue?

    Simon
    wrote in message news:3859494a@hronntp01....

    > I'm experiencing the same situation on a 3 PC network. On a stand alone PC
    > at home, the backup takes off right away (?)
    >

    > "Juergen Wagner" wrote:
    > >
    > >By pressing 'start backup' Backup Exec is waiting 10 minutes (syste,load

    > =
    > >100%)
    > >before the backup begins. After deinstall and new install all is fine, 2
    > >months later
    > >the same problem. V4.2 (before i had the seagate 3.0a, same problem). any
    > >hints??

  4. Re: Backup wait 10 minutes before start

    Simon, first Backup Exec must indentified the tape, before it can update the
    catalogue. But there is no tape action the next 10 minutes. I use it on a
    single PC-System....

    "Simon Allard" wrote:
    >Maybe it is taking forever to update the catalogue?
    >
    >Simon
    > wrote in message news:3859494a@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> I'm experiencing the same situation on a 3 PC network. On a stand alone

    PC
    >> at home, the backup takes off right away (?)
    >>

    >> "Juergen Wagner" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >By pressing 'start backup' Backup Exec is waiting 10 minutes (syste,load

    >> =

+ Reply to Thread