Ever since I upgraded to Veritas BkUpDesktopExec 4.2, when I run an
incremental backup (with option selected to backup the registry) the report
shows a compare error noting that System.DAT had changed since it was backed
up, i.e., it changed between the backup and the compare. This never
happened with Seagage's BkUpDesktopExecWin98 v3.1. Everything else is OK
though. The full system backup does not have this problem.

Does anyone know why BUDeskTopExec is changing System.DAT between the
backup and the compare? How can I prevent this error? Should I just turn
off the option to backup the registry during my incremental backup?

Thanks...
...Bruce