I created emergency recovery diskettes for my HP 7200e CD-RW, and the
process went fine. I even amended the config.sys file to point to the
correct file, per the tech document on Veritas' tech support site.

But when I try to use the diskettes in a trial restore run, the CD-RW driver
loads and then I get a message that tells me that the command interpreter is
missing or corrupt, even though it's there. After that, the A:\ drive is
not recognized.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance.