incremental backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on incremental backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I perform an incremental backup the program deletes my original backup. WHY?...

  1. incremental backup

    When I perform an incremental backup the program deletes my original backup.
    WHY?

  2. Re: incremental backup

    if you're doing your incremental backup to the same media,
    under "How to backup" click "Options" and then on the "General" tab of the
    dialog box that pops up, click "Append this backup to my media"

    I'm guessing you have "Overwrite..." selected (?)

    Jim Whitler
    903 Park Row
    Girard, IL 62640

    whitler@uis.edu
    whitler@ctllc.com
    wrote in message news:38488c4f@hronntp01....

    > When I perform an incremental backup the program deletes my original

    backup.
    > WHY?

+ Reply to Thread