Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Thanks for the reply, I will try to do some more research on www.veratis.com web site to see it there is a solution. It's too bad all these software companies are abandoning there end users. After all a product with ...

  1. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    Thanks for the reply,

    I will try to do some more research on www.veratis.com web site to see it
    there is a solution. It's too bad all these software companies are
    abandoning there end users. After all a product with no support is pretty
    difficult to use.

    The Seagate Backup exec forum on the web was a perfect interaction tool for
    Seagates end users and the tech team at Seagate. These days it seems many
    companies in the tech world are changing their policies to 'producing
    widgets with no support.'

    Thanks for your time and input anyway. Please post a solution if you find
    one I will do the same.

    Best Regards and good day
    Todd
    Howard Kaikow wrote in message
    > I, and others, reported that to Veritas some time ago.
    >
    > I see it only on Win 95, not on Win 98.
    >
    > However, since Veritas will no longer talk to us in this forum, how are we
    > to find out when they release a fix?
    >

    > --
    > Please reply only to newsgroup.
    > Todd <9in8ub7yv@4dz5fx6gc7v.org> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have been getting a 'mem_pointer_error' with Seagate Backup Exec

    Desktop
    > > 98 4.2 that can only be cleared with hitting the OK button three times.

    > If
    > > I click cancel I get a general protection fault in kernell32.dll. I am

    > not
    > > sure what is causing this. Does anyone know what this means and how I

    can
    > > fix it. I am running Win95b. I don't recall getting this with SBE 3.0.
    > >
    > > Thanks all for your time.
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > >
    > > Todd
    > >
    > > Valid E-mail removed because of spammers.
    > > Please reply to group only Thank You

  2. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    I got a response from Veritas, via email, that they are testing a new
    version of a dll file that fixes the problem, so I guess that it will be
    made available at some point.

    Problem is that we have to repeatedly search their www site to find out
    when such things are released. Quite a waste of redundant effort as each of
    has to do this on our own.

    The least they could do is post such announcements HERE (as they did confirm
    to me that they read these groups, even if they do not respond), OR the
    could start a read-only newsgroup in which they post announcements, seems a
    simple thing to do, n'est-ce pas?

    --
    > Thanks for the reply,
    >
    > I will try to do some more research on www.veratis.com web site to see it
    > there is a solution. It's too bad all these software companies are
    > abandoning there end users. After all a product with no support is pretty
    > difficult to use.
    >
    > The Seagate Backup exec forum on the web was a perfect interaction tool

    for
    > Seagates end users and the tech team at Seagate. These days it seems many
    > companies in the tech world are changing their policies to 'producing
    > widgets with no support.'
    >
    > Thanks for your time and input anyway. Please post a solution if you find
    > one I will do the same.
    >
    > Best Regards and good day
    > Todd
    > Howard Kaikow wrote in message
    > > I, and others, reported that to Veritas some time ago.
    > >
    > > I see it only on Win 95, not on Win 98.
    > >
    > > However, since Veritas will no longer talk to us in this forum, how are

    we
    > > to find out when they release a fix?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Please reply only to newsgroup.
    > > Todd <9in8ub7yv@4dz5fx6gc7v.org> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I have been getting a 'mem_pointer_error' with Seagate Backup Exec

    > Desktop
    > > > 98 4.2 that can only be cleared with hitting the OK button three

    times.
    > > If
    > > > I click cancel I get a general protection fault in kernell32.dll. I

    am
    > > not
    > > > sure what is causing this. Does anyone know what this means and how I

    > can
    > > > fix it. I am running Win95b. I don't recall getting this with SBE

    3.0.

    > > > Thanks all for your time.
    > > >
    > > > Best Regards
    > > >
    > > > Todd
    > > >
    > > > Valid E-mail removed because of spammers.
    > > > Please reply to group only Thank You

  3. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    Thanks,

    This is good news thanks for posting what you found. At least there is
    hope Veratis is working on it. Thanks again for your time I will check
    back www.veratis.com often for the update.

    > I got a response from Veritas, via email, that they are testing a new
    > version of a dll file that fixes the problem, so I guess that it will be
    > made available at some point.
    >
    > --
    > Please reply only to newsgroup.

  4. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    Nothing new as of a few minutes ago in the download area.

    Perhaps, they expect each of us to call them to retrieve something from the
    password protected area. That would be ridiculous.

    --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > This is good news thanks for posting what you found. At least there is
    > hope Veratis is working on it. Thanks again for your time I will check
    > back www.veratis.com often for the update.
    >
    > Best Regards and good day.
    >
    > Todd
    >
    > Howard Kaikow wrote in message
    > > I got a response from Veritas, via email, that they are testing a new
    > > version of a dll file that fixes the problem, so I guess that it will be
    > > made available at some point.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please reply only to newsgroup.

  5. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    Veritas has posted a fix.

    It is available as a downloadable file in the support area of the Veritas
    www site for version 4.2.

    I have not tried it yet.

    --
    > Nothing new as of a few minutes ago in the download area.
    >
    > Perhaps, they expect each of us to call them to retrieve something from

    the
    > password protected area. That would be ridiculous.
    >
    > --
    > Please reply only to newsgroup.
    > Todd <9in8ub7yv@4dz5fx6gc7v.org> wrote in message
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > This is good news thanks for posting what you found. At least there is
    > > hope Veratis is working on it. Thanks again for your time I will check
    > > back www.veratis.com often for the update.
    > >
    > > Best Regards and good day.
    > >
    > > Todd
    > >
    > > Howard Kaikow wrote in message
    > > > I got a response from Veritas, via email, that they are testing a new
    > > > version of a dll file that fixes the problem, so I guess that it will

    be
    > > > made available at some point.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Please reply only to newsgroup.

  6. Re: mem_pointer_error SBE 4.2

    Where is the file located? I can't find it.

    TIA,
    Dan
    > Veritas has posted a fix.
    >
    > It is available as a downloadable file in the support area of the Veritas
    > www site for version 4.2.
    >
    > I have not tried it yet.

+ Reply to Thread