Skipped files were NOT in use - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Skipped files were NOT in use - Veritas Backup Exec ; Bump 4.81 just did an NC-D backup that I have been doing daily for a week now, but today the Report told me that all my contact management database program's files -- both program files and user files -- were ...

  1. Skipped files were NOT in use

    Bump 4.81 just did an NC-D backup that I have been doing daily for a week
    now, but today the Report told me that all my contact management database
    program's files -- both program files and user files -- were "skipped"
    because they were in use by another program. In fact, the program was closed
    and I had no programs open at all, not even Windows Explorer or Internet
    Explorer. Nothing! I'm always quite careful and make sure all programs are
    closed before opening Bump (let alone starting a job).

    In the past, the only thing the Report has ever shown out of the norm is
    that on Verify it would day my virus definitions files were changed, and it
    would say that this was a normal occurence. This skipping of files is new
    for me.

    When I launched the job, it did say the media didn't have enough room and I
    opted to use a different, blank CD, but that's all that seemed out of the
    norm.

  2. Re: Skipped files were NOT in use

    Another NC-D on the same job gave the same result, reporting errors in that
    the database program and user files were all skipped. I rebooted, opened and
    closed the database after a small data change, and ran the backup job again,
    this time with no errors reporting.

    Have you seen this before? Anything I can do to avoid it?

    Also, is there any way to see reports on such skipped files in given backup
    jobs as listed in, well, Media View lists of jobs other than periodically
    saving the Report file before history rolls off of it? Or, is there any way
    to lengthen the amount of history the Report file will retain?

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread