Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to restore a backup from a CD-RW. While the program is searching the CD-RW for the catalog, I get the following error message. The device received an invalid command (07-20-23-00-6400) The drive fails to read the rest of ...

  1. Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71

    I'm trying to restore a backup from a CD-RW. While the program is searching
    the CD-RW for the catalog, I get the following error message.

    The device received an invalid command (07-20-23-00-6400)

    The drive fails to read the rest of the media and I can't get the catalog.

    Can anyone tell me the meaning of the error message? Is there a way to
    rebuild the catalog from the CD's like I used to be able to do on an earlier
    version of the software and TR-1 tapes?

    Thanks for your help.

    Scott

  2. Re: Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71

    Scott,

    What CD-RW drive are you using? What firmware version?
    The error message itself reports: "Illegal Mode for this track".

    chris

    "Scott Birk" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to restore a backup from a CD-RW. While the program is

    searching
    > the CD-RW for the catalog, I get the following error message.
    >
    > The device received an invalid command (07-20-23-00-6400)
    >
    > The drive fails to read the rest of the media and I can't get the catalog.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the meaning of the error message? Is there a way to
    > rebuild the catalog from the CD's like I used to be able to do on an

    earlier
    > version of the software and TR-1 tapes?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Scott

  3. Re: Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71

    The CD-RW is a LG CED-8120B running firmware version 1.09. It came installed
    in my Compaq PC. I don't know for sure, but the firmware version may be
    particular to Compaq.

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d582990@hronntp01....
    > Scott,
    >
    > What CD-RW drive are you using? What firmware version?
    > The error message itself reports: "Illegal Mode for this track".
    >
    > chris
    >

    > "Scott Birk" wrote in message
    > > I'm trying to restore a backup from a CD-RW. While the program is

    > searching
    > > the CD-RW for the catalog, I get the following error message.
    > >
    > > The device received an invalid command (07-20-23-00-6400)
    > >
    > > The drive fails to read the rest of the media and I can't get the

    catalog.

    > > Can anyone tell me the meaning of the error message? Is there a way to
    > > rebuild the catalog from the CD's like I used to be able to do on an

    > earlier
    > > version of the software and TR-1 tapes?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > >
    > > Scott

  4. Re: Problem restoring from CD-RW, v. 4.71

    On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:47:52 -0500, Scott Birk hyperbolated:

    > The CD-RW is a LG CED-8120B running firmware version 1.09. It came installed
    > in my Compaq PC. I don't know for sure, but the firmware version may be
    > particular to Compaq.

    Installation Instructions for Firmware Upgrade to version 2.00
    for the LG Brand of the CED-8120B

    http://www.lgeservice.com/CED8120BFirm200-readme.htm
    --
    Over and Out,