Failed backup - driver error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Failed backup - driver error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using Backup Exec Pro v4.61. During a backup to cdr, the process fails and a driver error 08-3F-00-00-0000 is shown. Translating the error code gives me 08=write error but I can't find out what 3F means. I'm running w2k ...

  1. Failed backup - driver error

    I'm using Backup Exec Pro v4.61. During a backup to cdr, the process fails
    and a driver error 08-3F-00-00-0000 is shown. Translating the error code
    gives me 08=write error but I can't find out what 3F means. I'm running w2k
    SP2, scsi hard drive, backing from a raid array on an Iwill HPT370 raid pci
    card. The cd writer is a plextor 12/4/32 scsi rewriter (no Burnproof). ASPI
    layer is up to date. I've tried disabling Norton Antivirus, BlackIce Defender
    and configuring the plextor to write at 4X, all to no avail. Anyone any ideas,
    apart from a new rewriter?(!!)

  2. Re: Update : Failed backup - driver error

    Installed a new cd rewriter (Plextor40/12/40A, IDE, BurnProof) and everything
    works fine now! I guess the glitch causing the failure is something similar
    to buffer underrun.

+ Reply to Thread