Microsoft Tape Format - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Microsoft Tape Format - Veritas Backup Exec ; I see on the product specifications that Veritas uses the Microsoft Tape Format (MTF.) Unfortunately, I have had no success in finding a specification for this format, either on the Veritas site, or on Microsoft's site. Can anyone here point ...

  1. Microsoft Tape Format

    I see on the product specifications that Veritas uses the Microsoft Tape
    Format (MTF.) Unfortunately, I have had no success in finding a
    specification for this format, either on the Veritas site, or on Microsoft's
    site.

    Can anyone here point me to a source for the technical definition of the
    MTF?

    Thanks,

    Bill

  2. Re: Microsoft Tape Format

    MTF is a proprietary format developed by Microsoft and Connor (before it
    became Arcada and before it became Veritas). I have a draft from 1992, don't
    know if it has been made public or has changed.

    Take a look at MSFT KB article Q1013223.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
    Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing
    and reviewing; Standards
    "William Meyer" wrote in message
    > I see on the product specifications that Veritas uses the Microsoft Tape
    > Format (MTF.) Unfortunately, I have had no success in finding a
    > specification for this format, either on the Veritas site, or on

    Microsoft's
    > site.
    >
    > Can anyone here point me to a source for the technical definition of the
    > MTF?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bill

+ Reply to Thread