Unsupported CD-RW's - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unsupported CD-RW's - Veritas Backup Exec ; I thought I was lucky when my Gateway's Teac CD-RW spat the dummy and snuffed it some weeks back. Gateway sent me a brand new NEC NR 7700A 12/10/32 unit under warranty. If I understand correctly by reading the previous ...

  1. Unsupported CD-RW's

    I thought I was lucky when my Gateway's Teac CD-RW spat the dummy and
    snuffed it some weeks back. Gateway sent me a brand new NEC NR 7700A
    12/10/32 unit under warranty.

    If I understand correctly by reading the previous posts, because it
    appears that this drive is not supported, it's basically as far as EBPro
    4.5 is concerned a useless appendage?

    From reading the upgrade to 4.61 notices, it looks like cr-rw support
    has been added only for a handful of HP units.

    Am I correct on both these assertions?

    This seems so crappy as to beggar belief!

    James

  2. Re: Unsupported CD-RW's

    "James Macdougall" wrote in message
    > I thought I was lucky when my Gateway's Teac CD-RW spat the dummy and
    > snuffed it some weeks back. Gateway sent me a brand new NEC NR 7700A
    > 12/10/32 unit under warranty.
    >
    > If I understand correctly by reading the previous posts, because it
    > appears that this drive is not supported, it's basically as far as EBPro
    > 4.5 is concerned a useless appendage?
    >
    > From reading the upgrade to 4.61 notices, it looks like cr-rw support
    > has been added only for a handful of HP units.
    >
    > Am I correct on both these assertions?

    No, My Memorex Maxx 12 is recognised, not as a configured backup device, but
    as a device I can backup to. (ie not visible in the "Configure Devices"
    program, but visible in BE)

    Upgrade to 4.61 and see if yours is there.

    > This seems so crappy as to beggar belief!
    >
    > James

  3. Re: Unsupported CD-RW's

    Hi Peter,

    My NEC 7800A is supported under 4.61.

    Richard

  4. Re: Unsupported CD-RW's

    Thanks guys, shot off at the mouth b4 trying the 4.61 upgrade.
    Cheers
    James

    > My NEC 7800A is supported under 4.61.
    >
    > Richard