Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the "official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup MyPC)? http://www.stompinc.com/ I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't received ...

  1. Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    "official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    MyPC)?

    http://www.stompinc.com/

    I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.

    Is this an omen of what's to come?

  2. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    Sounds like a continuation of the sad decline of this product.

    --
    onclejean@blueyonder.co.uk

    "John F" wrote in message
    > Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    > "official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    > MyPC)?
    >
    > http://www.stompinc.com/
    >
    > I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    > received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.
    >
    > Is this an omen of what's to come?

  3. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    Well, you have to give them some leaway, they are brand new at supporting
    this product. They should be answering questions though. As far as decline,
    the new version has more features, more devices that work with it, and a
    better looking interface. I would not call this a decline.

    "John Butler" wrote:
    >Sounds like a continuation of the sad decline of this product.
    >
    >--
    >onclejean@blueyonder.co.uk
    >

    >"John F" wrote in message
    >> Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    >> "official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    >> MyPC)?
    >>
    >> http://www.stompinc.com/
    >>
    >> I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    >> received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.
    >>
    >> Is this an omen of what's to come?

  4. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    John F wrote:
    >Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    >"official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    >MyPC)?
    >
    >http://www.stompinc.com/
    >
    >I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    >received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.
    >
    >Is this an omen of what's to come?

    Yes. I called them and got voice mail many times. After calling their sales
    department they gave me a direct # to a person who said I was getting voice
    mail because they only had 1 person answering the phone and he was not trained.
    He could not answer product questions about the difference bewteen Backup
    Exec Pro and MYbackup.
    They really seem to be a mickey mouse outfit and it appears as if Veritas
    have dropped the individual user. It looks like we are hosed for support
    and for future products!

  5. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    "James Donovan" wrote:

    >Well, you have to give them some leaway, they are brand new at supporting
    >this product. They should be answering questions though. As far as decline,
    >the new version has more features, more devices that work with it, and a
    >better looking interface. I would not call this a decline.
    >
    >"John Butler" wrote:
    >>Sounds like a continuation of the sad decline of this product.
    >>
    >>--
    >>onclejean@blueyonder.co.uk
    >>

    >>"John F" wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    >>> "official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    >>> MyPC)?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.stompinc.com/
    >>>
    >>> I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    >>> received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.
    >>>
    >>> Is this an omen of what's to come?

    I got htorugh to veritas who told me that the new product wa Backup Exec
    4.5 and not Backup Exec Pro. Backup Exec Pro 4.61 is much better than the
    Stomp product according to her.

  6. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    I've been running BE Pro V4.5 for since it came out. I did install the
    V4.61 patch, which though it is no longer called BE Pro, seems to have all
    of the same functionality. Just last week, I broke down and bought the
    Stomp Backup MyPC upgrade to BE Pro V4.5. It would appear to be identical
    to BE V4.61 (including similar revision numbers), but supports a whole pile
    of devices which the Veritas version did not. Which was the reason I
    upgraded, as it has support for my Yamaha CD-RW which I could only get it to
    work sporadically under BE V4.61. I figured at least if the Backup MyPC
    product had problems, I'd have a tech support outlet... So far so good, as
    the writer has worked fine (which it did for quite awhile under even V4.5,
    before it suddenly started having difficulty).

    Hope this helps clarify a few things for the rest of you (at least based on
    my experience).

    Mike Anton

    "Brian" wrote in message news:3b89aabb$1@hronntp01....

    > John F wrote:
    > >Has anyone had any experience yet with Stomp Inc. which is now the
    > >"official" U.S. retailer and support of Backup Exec (now called Backup
    > >MyPC)?
    > >
    > >http://www.stompinc.com/
    > >
    > >I sent Stomp tech support a question 2 weeks ago and still haven't
    > >received any response, not even a "thanks for asking" acknowledgement.
    > >
    > >Is this an omen of what's to come?
    > >

    > Yes. I called them and got voice mail many times. After calling their

    sales
    > department they gave me a direct # to a person who said I was getting

    voice
    > mail because they only had 1 person answering the phone and he was not

    trained.
    > He could not answer product questions about the difference bewteen Backup
    > Exec Pro and MYbackup.
    > They really seem to be a mickey mouse outfit and it appears as if Veritas
    > have dropped the individual user. It looks like we are hosed for support
    > and for future products!

  7. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!!
    JUST DIFFERENT LOGOS!!!

    Chris

    "Brian" wrote in message news:3b89ab4e$1@hronntp01....

    > "James Donovan" wrote:
    > >
    > >Well, you have to give them some leaway, they are brand new at supporting
    > >this product. They should be answering questions though. As far as

    decline,
    > >the new version has more features, more devices that work with it, and a
    > >better looking interface. I would not call this a decline.
    > >
    > >"John Butler" wrote:
    > >>Sounds like a continuation of the sad decline of this product.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>onclejean@blueyonder.co.uk
    > >>

    > >>"John F" wrote in message

    > I got htorugh to veritas who told me that the new product wa Backup Exec
    > 4.5 and not Backup Exec Pro. Backup Exec Pro 4.61 is much better than the
    > Stomp product according to her.

  8. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    Chris is right. Stomp's version is the same thing. Has all the features that
    any previous versions have. Veritas 4.6.1 and Stopm 4.6 are the same.
    "Chris" wrote:
    >THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!!
    >JUST DIFFERENT LOGOS!!!
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"Brian" wrote in message news:3b89ab4e$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> "James Donovan" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >Well, you have to give them some leaway, they are brand new at supporting
    >> >this product. They should be answering questions though. As far as

    >decline,
    >> >the new version has more features, more devices that work with it, and

    >> >better looking interface. I would not call this a decline.

    >> I got htorugh to veritas who told me that the new product wa Backup Exec
    >> 4.5 and not Backup Exec Pro. Backup Exec Pro 4.61 is much better than

    the
    >> Stomp product according to her.

  9. Re: Anyone have any experience with Stomp tech support yet? (aka new Veritas vendor)

    THere is 1 difference.
    Backup MyPC is supported, not so sure about 4.61.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
    Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing
    and reviewing; Standards

    supporting

    > >decline,

    Backup

    acknowledgement.

    > >> I got htorugh to veritas who told me that the new product wa Backup

    Exec
    > >> 4.5 and not Backup Exec Pro. Backup Exec Pro 4.61 is much better than

    > the
    > >> Stomp product according to her.

+ Reply to Thread