New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; There's a new 4.6.1 version on VERITAS' tech support site, but it doesn't work. Check out this link! It works and it is quicker! http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html...

  1. New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!!

    There's a new 4.6.1 version on VERITAS' tech support site, but it doesn't
    work. Check out this link! It works and it is quicker!

    http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html

  2. Re: New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!!

    I downloaded the file from
    http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html and it
    detected my previous version of 4.5 correctly.

    I haven't tested it though.
    --

    Seymour

    S. M. Newman - snewman@sunrisecc.com / A. H. Katz - akatz@sunrisecc.com
    Sunrise Computer Consulting - Toronto, Ontario - sunrisecc@sympatico.ca
    http://www.sunrisecc.com/ or http://www.harnessdriver.com/
    Ringmaster of Harness Racing Webring

    "Ringo Baconburger" wrote in message

    > There's a new 4.6.1 version on VERITAS' tech support site, but it doesn't
    > work. Check out this link! It works and it is quicker!
    >
    > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html

  3. Re: New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!!

    The Setup.exe I downloaded today is quite different from the 9 August
    version of bd461u_b45i_239312.EXE.
    I'd advise waiting until there is an official announcement of what file to
    use, not to mention they do not change the file names when they change the
    file.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "Seymour Newman" wrote in message
    > I downloaded the file from
    > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html and it
    > detected my previous version of 4.5 correctly.
    >
    > I haven't tested it though.
    > --
    >
    > Seymour
    >
    > S. M. Newman - snewman@sunrisecc.com / A. H. Katz - akatz@sunrisecc.com
    > Sunrise Computer Consulting - Toronto, Ontario - sunrisecc@sympatico.ca
    > http://www.sunrisecc.com/ or http://www.harnessdriver.com/
    > Ringmaster of Harness Racing Webring
    >

    > "Ringo Baconburger" wrote in message
    > >
    > > There's a new 4.6.1 version on VERITAS' tech support site, but it

    doesn't
    > > work. Check out this link! It works and it is quicker!
    > >
    > > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html

  4. Re: New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!!

    The link I posted was sent to me by my support contact at Veritas. That is
    the file I used and all is working well. I did uninstall SafeGuard.

    --

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > The Setup.exe I downloaded today is quite different from the 9 August
    > version of bd461u_b45i_239312.EXE.
    > I'd advise waiting until there is an official announcement of what file to
    > use, not to mention they do not change the file names when they change the
    > file.
    >

    > --
    > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    > message.
    >
    > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    Standards
    > "Seymour Newman" wrote in message
    > > I downloaded the file from
    > > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html and it
    > > detected my previous version of 4.5 correctly.
    > >
    > > I haven't tested it though.
    > > --
    > >
    > > Seymour
    > >
    > > S. M. Newman - snewman@sunrisecc.com / A. H. Katz - akatz@sunrisecc.com
    > > Sunrise Computer Consulting - Toronto, Ontario - sunrisecc@sympatico.ca
    > > http://www.sunrisecc.com/ or http://www.harnessdriver.com/
    > > Ringmaster of Harness Racing Webring
    > >

    > > "Ringo Baconburger" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > There's a new 4.6.1 version on VERITAS' tech support site, but it

    > doesn't
    > > > work. Check out this link! It works and it is quicker!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html

  5. Re: New 4.6.1 version with fixed link!!

    THey have now updates the links so the files are identical.

    --

    > The link I posted was sent to me by my support contact at Veritas. That is
    > the file I used and all is working well. I did uninstall SafeGuard.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Seymour
    >
    > S. M. Newman - snewman@sunrisecc.com / A. H. Katz - akatz@sunrisecc.com
    > Sunrise Computer Consulting - Toronto, Ontario - sunrisecc@sympatico.ca
    > http://www.sunrisecc.com/ or http://www.harnessdriver.com/
    > Ringmaster of Harness Racing Webring
    >

    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > > The Setup.exe I downloaded today is quite different from the 9 August
    > > version of bd461u_b45i_239312.EXE.
    > > I'd advise waiting until there is an official announcement of what file

    > > use, not to mention they do not change the file names when they change

    the
    > > file.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of

    the
    > > message.
    > >
    > > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    > Standards
    > > "Seymour Newman" wrote in message
    > > > I downloaded the file from
    > > > http://www.veritas.com/us/products/b...ade/index.html and it
    > > > detected my previous version of 4.5 correctly.
    > > >
    > > > I haven't tested it though.
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Seymour
    > > >
    > > > S. M. Newman - snewman@sunrisecc.com / A. H. Katz -

    akatz@sunrisecc.com
    > > > Sunrise Computer Consulting - Toronto, Ontario -

    sunrisecc@sympatico.ca
    > > > http://www.sunrisecc.com/ or http://www.harnessdriver.com/
    > > > Ringmaster of Harness Racing Webring
    > > >

    > > > "Ringo Baconburger" wrote in message