Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am looking for Backup Exec Pro 4.5 Win2k. I have it, but need another copy. My original is bad. It is the only software that will work on my AIWA BOLT tape drive. Can anyone give me a site ...

  1. Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5???

    I am looking for Backup Exec Pro 4.5 Win2k. I have it, but need another
    copy. My original is bad. It is the only software that will work on my
    AIWA BOLT tape drive.

    Can anyone give me a site to d/l from or email it to me???

    Veritas does not have this version anymore and Backup My PC does not have a
    trial version, yet.

    Thanks,,

    Okaussie3@yahoo.com

  2. Re: Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5???

    Nobody, other than Veritas, can legally provide you with a copy of 4.5.

    If you have a version of 4.5 installed, you can download the free 4.61
    version.
    But wait a few daze as Veritas is changing the file to fix an installation
    problem.

    If you do not have 4.5 installed and your 4.5 media is unreadable, then I
    suggest contacting Veritas to purchase replacement media.

    Alternatively, if you have any version that qualifies for an upgrade to
    Backup MyPC (check at www.stompinc.com) then you might purchase the upgrade
    to Backup MyPC.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "WH & CKT" wrote in message
    > I am looking for Backup Exec Pro 4.5 Win2k. I have it, but need another
    > copy. My original is bad. It is the only software that will work on my
    > AIWA BOLT tape drive.
    >
    > Can anyone give me a site to d/l from or email it to me???
    >
    > Veritas does not have this version anymore and Backup My PC does not have

    > trial version, yet.
    >
    > Thanks,,
    >
    > Okaussie3@yahoo.com

  3. Re: Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5???

    My problem is, when I try to run it it tells me that SHW32.dll can't be
    found and to reinstall the product.

    I can't do that due to my product is bad.

    By the way,

    How do I get info for the upgrade to 4.61??

    Thanks,,

    Bill
    okaussie3@yahoo.com
    "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > Nobody, other than Veritas, can legally provide you with a copy of 4.5.
    >
    > If you have a version of 4.5 installed, you can download the free 4.61
    > version.
    > But wait a few daze as Veritas is changing the file to fix an installation
    > problem.
    >
    > If you do not have 4.5 installed and your 4.5 media is unreadable, then I
    > suggest contacting Veritas to purchase replacement media.
    >
    > Alternatively, if you have any version that qualifies for an upgrade to
    > Backup MyPC (check at www.stompinc.com) then you might purchase the

    upgrade
    > to Backup MyPC.
    >
    > --
    > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    > message.
    >
    > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    Standards
    > "WH & CKT" wrote in message
    > > I am looking for Backup Exec Pro 4.5 Win2k. I have it, but need another
    > > copy. My original is bad. It is the only software that will work on my
    > > AIWA BOLT tape drive.
    > >
    > > Can anyone give me a site to d/l from or email it to me???
    > >
    > > Veritas does not have this version anymore and Backup My PC does not

    have
    > > trial version, yet.
    > >
    > > Thanks,,
    > >
    > > Okaussie3@yahoo.com

  4. Re: Does anyone have Backup Exec 4.5???

    I'd suggest that you need to contact Veritas.
    If they have a record of your being a registered 4.5 user, perhaps they can
    help.
    4.61 will not do you any good until you first have 4.5.

    Although, maybe, if you have 4.5 on a CD-ROM, even tho the CD-ROM is bad,
    4.61 might recognize that as valid.
    To find 4.61, go to the Veritas web site and search for 4.61.

    --

    "WH & CKT" wrote in message
    > My problem is, when I try to run it it tells me that SHW32.dll can't be
    > found and to reinstall the product.
    >
    > I can't do that due to my product is bad.
    >
    > By the way,
    >
    > How do I get info for the upgrade to 4.61??
    >
    > Thanks,,
    >
    > Bill
    > okaussie3@yahoo.com
    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > > Nobody, other than Veritas, can legally provide you with a copy of 4.5.
    > >
    > > If you have a version of 4.5 installed, you can download the free 4.61
    > > version.
    > > But wait a few daze as Veritas is changing the file to fix an

    installation
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > If you do not have 4.5 installed and your 4.5 media is unreadable, then

    > > suggest contacting Veritas to purchase replacement media.
    > >
    > > Alternatively, if you have any version that qualifies for an upgrade to
    > > Backup MyPC (check at www.stompinc.com) then you might purchase the

    > upgrade
    > > to Backup MyPC.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of

    the
    > > message.
    > >
    > > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    > Standards
    > > "WH & CKT" wrote in message
    > > > I am looking for Backup Exec Pro 4.5 Win2k. I have it, but need

    another
    > > > copy. My original is bad. It is the only software that will work on

    my
    > > > AIWA BOLT tape drive.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone give me a site to d/l from or email it to me???
    > > >
    > > > Veritas does not have this version anymore and Backup My PC does not

    > have
    > > > trial version, yet.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,,
    > > >
    > > > Okaussie3@yahoo.com