Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc? - Veritas Backup Exec ; A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products. You will now find them listed as Discontinued products. The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be sold under other brand names. Info is at www.veritas.com ...

  1. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products.
    You will now find them listed as Discontinued products.

    The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be sold
    under other brand names.
    Info is at www.veritas.com.

    I have been informed that there will be a free downloadable 4.61 to owners
    of 4.5.
    I was informed that the release will be announced in the next Veritas
    newsletter. When? I dunno.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > Marlin Singer wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >

    > >Howard, I downloaded the Quickstart manual from MyPC and as far as I can

    tell
    > >there is no difference from Desktop Pro 4.5 as to how it works. It will

    do
    > >Recovery, Incremental and selected files.
    > >

    > Sound like this is another cash grab by Veritas. Whatever happened to
    > Desktop Pro 4.6?
    > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > Vancouver, BC

  2. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    Download is now available at:

    http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddPr...BEDSKTPPRO.htm

    Doesn't appear to address the 4GB file threshold as some would have hoped.

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products.
    > You will now find them listed as Discontinued products.
    >
    > The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be sold
    > under other brand names.
    > Info is at www.veritas.com.
    >
    > I have been informed that there will be a free downloadable 4.61 to owners
    > of 4.5.
    > I was informed that the release will be announced in the next Veritas
    > newsletter. When? I dunno.
    >
    > --
    > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    > message.
    >
    > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    Standards
    > "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > > Marlin Singer wrote:
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >

    > > >Howard, I downloaded the Quickstart manual from MyPC and as far as I

    can
    > tell
    > > >there is no difference from Desktop Pro 4.5 as to how it works. It will

    > do
    > > >Recovery, Incremental and selected files.
    > > >

    > > Sound like this is another cash grab by Veritas. Whatever happened to
    > > Desktop Pro 4.6?
    > > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > > Vancouver, BC

  3. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    > A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products.
    > You will now find them listed as Discontinued products.
    >
    > The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be sold
    > under other brand names.
    > Info is at www.veritas.com.
    >
    > I have been informed that there will be a free downloadable 4.61 to owners
    > of 4.5.
    > I was informed that the release will be announced in the next Veritas
    > newsletter. When? I dunno.
    >
    > --
    > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    > message.
    >
    > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    Standards
    > "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > > Marlin Singer wrote:
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >

    > > >Howard, I downloaded the Quickstart manual from MyPC and as far as I

    can
    > tell
    > > >there is no difference from Desktop Pro 4.5 as to how it works. It will

    > do
    > > >Recovery, Incremental and selected files.
    > > >

    > > Sound like this is another cash grab by Veritas. Whatever happened to
    > > Desktop Pro 4.6?
    > > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > > Vancouver, BC

  4. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    I do not see 4.61 listed.

    --

    "Kevin M. McGowan" wrote in message
    > Download is now available at:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddPr...BEDSKTPPRO.htm
    >
    > Doesn't appear to address the 4GB file threshold as some would have hoped.
    >

    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > > A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products.
    > > You will now find them listed as Discontinued products.
    > >
    > > The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be

    sold
    > > under other brand names.
    > > Info is at www.veritas.com.
    > >
    > > I have been informed that there will be a free downloadable 4.61 to

    owners
    > > of 4.5.
    > > I was informed that the release will be announced in the next Veritas
    > > newsletter. When? I dunno.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of

    the
    > > message.
    > >
    > > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    > Standards
    > > "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > > > Marlin Singer wrote:
    > > >
    > > > [snip]

    > can
    > > tell

    will
    > > do
    > > > >

    > > > Sound like this is another cash grab by Veritas. Whatever happened to
    > > > Desktop Pro 4.6?
    > > > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > > > Vancouver, BC

  5. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    I do not see 4.61 listed.

    --

    > Download is now available at:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddPr...BEDSKTPPRO.htm
    >
    > Doesn't appear to address the 4GB file threshold as some would have hoped.
    >

    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > > A couple of days ago, Veritas dropped the Desktop products.
    > > You will now find them listed as Discontinued products.
    > >
    > > The replacement is Backup MyPC, which tho written by Vertias, will be

    sold
    > > under other brand names.
    > > Info is at www.veritas.com.
    > >
    > > I have been informed that there will be a free downloadable 4.61 to

    owners
    > > of 4.5.
    > > I was informed that the release will be announced in the next Veritas
    > > newsletter. When? I dunno.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of

    the
    > > message.
    > >
    > > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    > Standards
    > > "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > > > Marlin Singer wrote:
    > > >
    > > > [snip]

    > can
    > > tell

    will
    > > do
    > > > >

    > > > Sound like this is another cash grab by Veritas. Whatever happened to
    > > > Desktop Pro 4.6?
    > > > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > > > Vancouver, BC

  6. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote:

    >I do not see 4.61 listed.

    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  7. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote:

    >I do not see 4.61 listed.

    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  8. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    I found 4.61 by SEarching for 4.61 at the veritas web site.

    --

    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >
    > >I do not see 4.61 listed.

    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/239312.htm
    > Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    > Vancouver, BC

  9. Re: Which version supports incremental backups etc?

    I found 4.61 by SEarching for 4.61 at the veritas web site.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "Colin Sewell" wrote in message
    > "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >
    > >I do not see 4.61 listed.

    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/239312.htm