    Any info on how new it is and what is the difference? Is it "4.6" in disguise
    with a bunch of bug fixes?

  2. Re: Backup Exec Desktop Pro vs. Backup MyPC

    try looking at www.stompinc.com

    you will find it there.

    Chris

    "Steve Deackoff" wrote in message
    news:3b6c2963$1@hronntp01....

    > They say Backup Exec Desktop Pro is discontinued and to buy Backup MyPC.
    > But I can't find any online retailers except Veritas to buy from. Looks
    > like retail went from $139 to $99.
    >
    > Any info on how new it is and what is the difference? Is it "4.6" in

    disguise
    > with a bunch of bug fixes?

  3. Re: Backup Exec Desktop Pro vs. Backup MyPC

    Looks like I am going to be looking for another backup and CDRW software
    vendor because Veritas is only going to support the OEM software
    distribution channel. I took a look at the www.stompinc.com website and
    could not find a physical address listed anywhere on their site and I refuse
    to turn over my credit card number to any company that will not provide this
    information.

    --
    Regards
    Robert Willis

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3b6c9004@hronntp01....
    > try looking at www.stompinc.com
    >
    > you will find it there.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "Steve Deackoff" wrote in message
    > >
    > > They say Backup Exec Desktop Pro is discontinued and to buy Backup MyPC.
    > > But I can't find any online retailers except Veritas to buy from. Looks
    > > like retail went from $139 to $99.
    > >
    > > Any info on how new it is and what is the difference? Is it "4.6" in

    > disguise
    > > with a bunch of bug fixes?

  4. Re: Backup Exec Desktop Pro vs. Backup MyPC

    THe Stomp address is at a number of places at their web site.
    Try their contacts page.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards
    "Robert Willis" wrote in message
    > Looks like I am going to be looking for another backup and CDRW software
    > vendor because Veritas is only going to support the OEM software
    > distribution channel. I took a look at the www.stompinc.com website and
    > could not find a physical address listed anywhere on their site and I

    refuse
    > to turn over my credit card number to any company that will not provide

    this
    > information.
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    > Robert Willis
    > E-Mail: robert-willis@swbell.net
    >

    > "Chris" wrote in message news:3b6c9004@hronntp01....
    > > try looking at www.stompinc.com
    > >
    > > you will find it there.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >

    > > "Steve Deackoff" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > They say Backup Exec Desktop Pro is discontinued and to buy Backup

    MyPC.
    > > > But I can't find any online retailers except Veritas to buy from.

    Looks
    > > > like retail went from $139 to $99.
    > > >
    > > > Any info on how new it is and what is the difference? Is it "4.6" in

    > > disguise
    > > > with a bunch of bug fixes?

  5. Re: Backup Exec Desktop Pro vs. Backup MyPC

    To find 4.61 at the Veritas web site.
    Use the SEarch engine and look for 4.61.

    --

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > THe Stomp address is at a number of places at their web site.
    > Try their contacts page.
    >
    > --
    > Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    > message.
    >
    > http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
    > converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing;

    Standards
    > "Robert Willis" wrote in message
    > > Looks like I am going to be looking for another backup and CDRW software
    > > vendor because Veritas is only going to support the OEM software
    > > distribution channel. I took a look at the www.stompinc.com website and
    > > could not find a physical address listed anywhere on their site and I

    > refuse
    > > to turn over my credit card number to any company that will not provide

    > this
    > > information.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Regards