DESPERATE - Msg 00001213 - Can't Read Media Header - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DESPERATE - Msg 00001213 - Can't Read Media Header - Veritas Backup Exec ; Try to restore an ATAPI CD ROM backup set using Desktop Pro and it says can't find the catalog on CD. Win Explorer shows only a text file on CD that says have to use emergency restore disks to use ...

  1. DESPERATE - Msg 00001213 - Can't Read Media Header

    Try to restore an ATAPI CD ROM backup set using Desktop Pro and it says can't
    find the catalog on CD. Win Explorer shows only a text file on CD that says
    have to use emergency restore disks to use CD for restore. When boot & run
    emergency restore using diskettes, get message "Could not read the media
    header" Ref: 00001213.

    Can someone PLEASE help - I got into this pickle when my motherboard and
    disks fried right after backing these files off to CD. Rebuilt system and
    now trying to do restore.

    TIA, Mike

  2. Re: DESPERATE - IT GETS WORSE - Msg 00000100 - Could not initialize the DSL

    Well, out of sheer desperation, next I booted with a normal Win Me emergency
    boot diskette from my system, which at least allowed me to have the CD drivers
    loaded. Then launched SMARTDRV 4096 and set path for the recover program,
    loaded diskette #2 from the Veritas/Seagate emergency diskette set, and ran
    RECOVER. Got all the way to ready to read the CD and get "Could not initialize
    the DSL". What's a DSL?

    Man, this is one of the most primitive jobs still left out there? What are
    these people thinking?

    PLEASE HELP! I need to restore these files! Thanks.

    "Mike O'Hara" wrote:

    >Try to restore an ATAPI CD ROM backup set using Desktop Pro and it says

    can't
    >find the catalog on CD. Win Explorer shows only a text file on CD that

    says
    >have to use emergency restore disks to use CD for restore. When boot &

    run
    >emergency restore using diskettes, get message "Could not read the media
    >header" Ref: 00001213.
    >
    >Can someone PLEASE help - I got into this pickle when my motherboard and
    >disks fried right after backing these files off to CD. Rebuilt system and
    >now trying to do restore.
    >
    >TIA, Mike

  3. Re: DESPERATE - IT GETS WORSE - Msg 00000100 - Could not initialize the DSL

    "Mike O'Hara" wrote:

    >Try to restore an ATAPI CD ROM backup set using Desktop Pro and it says

    can't
    >find the catalog on CD. Win Explorer shows only a text file on CD that

    says
    >have to use emergency restore disks to use CD for restore. When boot &

    run
    >emergency restore using diskettes, get message "Could not read the media
    >header" Ref: 00001213.
    >
    >Can someone PLEASE help - I got into this pickle when my motherboard and
    >disks fried right after backing these files off to CD. Rebuilt system and
    >now trying to do restore.
    >
    >TIA, Mike

  4. Re: DESPERATE - IT GETS WORSE - Msg 00000100 - Could not initialize the DSL

    "Mike O'Hara" wrote:

    >Try to restore an ATAPI CD ROM backup set using Desktop Pro and it says

    can't
    >find the catalog on CD. Win Explorer shows only a text file on CD that

    says
    >have to use emergency restore disks to use CD for restore. When boot &

    run
    >emergency restore using diskettes, get message "Could not read the media
    >header" Ref: 00001213.
    >
    >Can someone PLEASE help - I got into this pickle when my motherboard and
    >disks fried right after backing these files off to CD. Rebuilt system and
    >now trying to do restore.
    >
    >TIA, Mike

+ Reply to Thread