CD formatted EVERY time a backup is made - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CD formatted EVERY time a backup is made - Veritas Backup Exec ; How can I prevent the CD from being reformatted EVERY time a backup is run?...

  1. CD formatted EVERY time a backup is made

    How can I prevent the CD from being reformatted EVERY time a backup is run?

  2. Re: CD formatted EVERY time a backup is made

    "Dawn Denton" wrote:

    >How can I prevent the CD from being reformatted EVERY time a backup is run?

    Don't think you can with this product.
    'CD BackupNOW!' software (from a different vendor than
    Veritas) is the same way. Don't know why. I understand
    that not all backup products require this.

    I shake my head every time I think how wonderful my new,
    expensive Plextor drive is and this software makes me
    waste 20 minutes to do a full format on each CD-RW disk.

  3. Re: CD formatted EVERY time a backup is made

    In article <3b0c4459$1@hronntp01.>, Dawn Denton,ddenton2@prodigy.net,
    expounds...

    > How can I prevent the CD from being reformatted EVERY time a backup is run?

    Set your options to append instead of overwrite.
    --
    Live Long and Prosper,
    CRH 8^)>

+ Reply to Thread