Error code list wanted - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error code list wanted - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone have a full list of error codes i.e. 08-12-23-00-4400 including their meaning?...

  1. Error code list wanted

    Does anyone have a full list of error codes
    i.e. 08-12-23-00-4400 including their meaning?

  2. Re: Error code list wanted

    "Ian Thompson" wrote:

    >Does anyone have a full list of error codes
    >i.e. 08-12-23-00-4400 including their meaning?

  3. Re: Error code list wanted

    Did dthis ever get a resonce? Can I get the list?

    "Ian Thompson" wrote:

    >Does anyone have a full list of error codes
    >i.e. 08-12-23-00-4400 including their meaning?

  4. Re: Error code list wanted

    Bill

    "emac11" wrote in message

    > Did dthis ever get a resonce? Can I get the list?
    >

    > "Ian Thompson" wrote:
    > >
    > >Does anyone have a full list of error codes
    > >i.e. 08-12-23-00-4400 including their meaning?

  5. Re: Error code list wanted

    1. Device error codes (listed in AA-BB-XX-XX-XXXX form)
    2. Format error codes (XXXX-BBBB form). The BBBB fields are the actual error that is occurring.

    The details for these error codes are described below:

    1. Device error codes (listed in AA-BB-XX-XX-XXXX form)

    "AA" is what the device is actually doing. The codes are explained as follows:

    01 CONFIGFIRST
    02 CONFIGNEXT
    03 OPENDRIVE
    04 CLOSEDRIVE
    05 OPENTAPE
    06 CLOSETAPE
    07 READ
    08 WRITE
    09 VERIFY
    0A BULKERASE
    0B PREFORMAT
    0C FORMAT
    0D RETENTION
    0E ESTIMATE
    0F TESTDMA
    15 REOPENTAPE

    "BB" is the actual error code (listed below):

    00 success normal completion
    01 driver/caller version mismatch, reinstall product
    02 driver already installed, driver must be removed
    03 bad block detected media error, data is corrupt, try new tapes
    04 unformatted area on media encountered
    05 deleted data address mark found normal indication
    06 filemark was read over normal indication
    07 seek error format tape
    08 DMA conflict, Verify DMA channel, try minimum settings in Device Manager
    09 unable to complete format. Close other applications, reduce speed, try different tape
    0A CTRL unlock error: no HSC found check connections, verify port address, try another/no controller
    0B controller COM error, check port address
    0C interrupt was not received, verify IRQ settings
    0D command transmission unsuccessful, check drive address and settings
    0E unclassified firmware/drive error reported, update firmware, decrease drive speed, verify SCSI basics
    0F time out waiting for drive, update driver and firmware
    10 drive stayed not ready, update driver and firmware
    11 unsupported transfer rate normal: transfer rate
    12 drive reported an internal problem, cold boot system and drive, try drive on another machine
    13 drive is unrecognized, check if media is supported, format tape
    14 no media in drive check power, check tape, try another tape
    15 drive not found, check power, connections, possible conflicting software
    16 new media has been inserted, normal tape inserted at unexpected time.
    17 media is in drive (autoconfig)
    18 tape is despooled
    19 media is write protected
    1A call request was invalid
    1B could not allocat memory or timer
    1C could not allocate IRQ
    1D could not allocate DMA buffer
    1E ASPI not present
    1F ASPI error
    20 drive received an unknown command
    21 drive in use by another program
    22 approaching end of tape
    23 network communication error
    24 specified path does not exist
    25 data transmission successful
    26 end of tape media was reached
    27 error pending, error occurred on previous request
    28 network connection lost
    29 block size on media differed from what drive reported
    33 vfintd was not available
    34 incorrect DMA channel specified
    35 required driver file not present
    36 last error marker
    3E AbortIO cancelled command
    Example: "08-12-23-34-1032" would mean that the drive reported an internal hardware problem when a write command was issued.

    2. Format error codes (XXXX-BBBB form). The BBBB fields are the actual error that is occurring.

    XXXX-BBBB
    4352-1000 Driver reports tape is not writable. Check the compatibility of the tape
    4353 1101 Driver reports tape is write protected. Check write protection, Check firmware, Possible HW issue
    4354 1102 Could not load the driver. Make sure driver exists, reinstall
    4355 1103 Driver reports the tape is not readable. Check tape compatibility,Try new tapes
    4608 1200 The tape is blank. There is no data on tape to read
    4609 1201 Too many bad sectors on tape. Needs new tape
    4610 1202 Tape is full. Format or use new tapes
    4612 1204 Error correction failed for segment on tape. New media, Format media
    4613 1205 No more data in volume. No data in Volume
    4614 1206 Failure trying to write tape header. New tape, Possible Hardware issue
    4615 1207 Driver reports tape is not formatted or could not find tape header. Possible hardware issue
    4616 1208 Size of compressed block is bigger than available space in segment.
    4617 1209 Volume table unreadable Error Consistency Check (ECC). Try New media
    4618 120a File set directory Corrupt. Delete catalog, lower transfer rate, reinstall, try new media
    4619 120b Too many bad sectors ECC Fail, new media
    4864 1300 No more sets on tape when software is looking for a set on media that does not exist
    4865 1301 No more volumes in set when software is looking for a volume that does not exist in the set selected
    4867 1303 No more streams for file
    4870 1306 File does not exist on tape. The file is not on tape selected
    4871 1307 File not found in file set directory. Delete catalog, lower transfer rate, reinstall, try new media
    4872 1308 File header not found in file set directory. File header not found in file set directory
    4882 1312 No more data for current stream
    4883 1313 Attempt to read file that begins on tape previous in set
    4885 1315 Attempt to read file that exists previous to. Continue with another tape
    4886 1316 Volume byte offset in compression. Turn off compression
    6146 1802 Error reading data out of a stream. Reading error check connections
    6147 1803 Could not get memory needed to complete operation. Insufficient disk space, possibly low in memory
    6148 1804 Error in temporary space handling. Make sure Temp is set, Delete temp directories
    6402 1902 Given stream type that is not understood
    6403 1903 Given a chunk of data for a stream that does not match expected format
    6404 1904 Given OS type that is not understood. OS may need to be upgraded
    6505 1905 Attempted operation that is not supported for current device
    6506 1906 Amount of data written to stream does not match size expected

    Example: "4608-1200" would mean that the tape appears blank to the software.

+ Reply to Thread