Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi All. I'm having trouble getting my setup to work right. It consists of Windows 2000 Pro, a Compaq SCSI DLT 7000 drive, and Backup Exec Desktop Pro v4.5. When I start a backup, I get the following error: "The ...

  1. Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5

    Hi All.

    I'm having trouble getting my setup to work right. It consists of Windows
    2000 Pro, a Compaq SCSI DLT 7000 drive, and Backup Exec Desktop Pro v4.5.

    When I start a backup, I get the following error: "The device driver could
    not allocate the necessary resource. Ref: 07-1B-21-01-0000"

    I've used the drive successfully in MS Backup with this setup. And w/
    Backup Exec is NT4 before.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5

    Michael,
    You have a device driver error (as noted on page 104 of the BEDP user's
    guide). Uninstall BEDP, the tape drive, and the SCSI adapter in the Device
    Manager. Reboot your machine and allow Win2K to reinstall the SCSI adapter,
    if need be (strongly suggested) use the latest drivers found on your SCSI
    adapter's manufacturer's web site (Adaptec?). Power-down your machine.
    Properly configure your tape drive (insure it is strapped and terminated
    correctly), use your installation manuals if need be. Power-up your machine
    and properly configure the SCSI adapter BIOS. During boot-up do you see the
    tape drive detected? If you do, chances are good you configured the SCSI
    devices properly. Now with that confirmed, reinstall BEDP and retry a
    backup. Hope this works for you. Configuring SCSI devices is not rocket
    science but can be confusing depending on the equipment involved. If you
    have other SCSI devices plugged-in, I would suggest removing them and
    working with only your tape drive during the above noted process (you could
    have a conflict between SCSI devices).

    Good Luck
    Jeff French

    "Michael Arnold" wrote in message
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I'm having trouble getting my setup to work right. It consists of Windows
    > 2000 Pro, a Compaq SCSI DLT 7000 drive, and Backup Exec Desktop Pro v4.5.
    >
    > When I start a backup, I get the following error: "The device driver could
    > not allocate the necessary resource. Ref: 07-1B-21-01-0000"
    >
    > I've used the drive successfully in MS Backup with this setup. And w/
    > Backup Exec is NT4 before.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:12:22 -0500, "Jeffrey French"
    wrote:

    >Michael,
    >You have a device driver error (as noted on page 104 of the BEDP user's
    >guide).

    I have exactly the same problem with 4.5 Pro and an HP DDS-3 DAT under
    Windows 2000. Reinstalling 4.5 makes no difference. I tried it with
    Backup Exec 8.5 as a test and it works perfectly.

    Where from here? (I'm not about to start shelling out for BEX8.5
    licenses for casual workstation backup.)

    Regards.....Brian

  4. Re: Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5

    Well, I've gotten together the new firmware for the drive, and a new driver
    I found... I'm not exactly what you'd call 'hopeful' but we'll see...
    Haven't gotten around to installing these things yet, but we'll see.

    I'll report back in a day or two.

    "Brian Priebe" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:12:22 -0500, "Jeffrey French"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Michael,
    > >You have a device driver error (as noted on page 104 of the BEDP user's
    > >guide).

    > I have exactly the same problem with 4.5 Pro and an HP DDS-3 DAT under
    > Windows 2000. Reinstalling 4.5 makes no difference. I tried it with
    > Backup Exec 8.5 as a test and it works perfectly.
    >
    > Where from here? (I'm not about to start shelling out for BEX8.5
    > licenses for casual workstation backup.)
    >
    > Regards.....Brian

  5. Re: Problem w/ Win2k, DLT 7000, Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5

    Hello,

    For your information (I have already contacted Veritas about this subject),
    DLT drives are not supported by BU Exec Desktop Pro 4.5. Check the compatibility
    list.

    Best regards
    Philippe

    "Michael Arnold" wrote:
    >Hi All.
    >
    >I'm having trouble getting my setup to work right. It consists of Windows
    >2000 Pro, a Compaq SCSI DLT 7000 drive, and Backup Exec Desktop Pro v4.5.
    >
    >When I start a backup, I get the following error: "The device driver could
    >not allocate the necessary resource. Ref: 07-1B-21-01-0000"
    >
    >I've used the drive successfully in MS Backup with this setup. And w/
    >Backup Exec is NT4 before.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread