Backup and Restore by File Type - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup and Restore by File Type - Veritas Backup Exec ; With Backup Exec Pro, is it possible to backup and restore files sepecified by file type? As example, I want to restore only my WAV files from a backup tape. Thank You...

  1. Backup and Restore by File Type

    With Backup Exec Pro, is it possible to backup and restore files sepecified
    by file type? As example, I want to restore only my WAV files from a backup
    tape.

    Thank You

  2. Re: Backup and Restore by File Type

    yes this is possible. while under the restore tab and viewing the correct
    catalog, click on EDIT->FIND FILES. Then, under the box NAMED, type *.wav.
    All of your wav files will then appear in the box below. simply select
    all of the files and then select restore.

    "gmt" wrote:
    >With Backup Exec Pro, is it possible to backup and restore files sepecified
    >by file type? As example, I want to restore only my WAV files from a backup
    >tape.
    >
    >Thank You

+ Reply to Thread