CD shown as blank contents - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CD shown as blank contents - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro accurately displays the files just backed ...

  1. CD shown as blank contents

    I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I
    look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and
    Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro
    accurately displays the files just backed up.

    Am I missing something here? Shouldn't I be able to see a file
    as on my Zip disks?

    Thanks,
    Larry Wing

  2. Re: CD shown as blank contents

    Backup Exec uses a different format so you will not be able to view the contents
    of the CDR/RW from anywhere but Backup Exec.

    "Larry Wing" wrote:

    >I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I
    >look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and
    >Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro
    >accurately displays the files just backed up.
    >
    >Am I missing something here? Shouldn't I be able to see a file
    >as on my Zip disks?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Larry Wing

  3. Re: CD shown as blank contents

    Thanks. It still surprises me that Windows doesn't show anything though.

    Larry

    "rerun" wrote:

    >Backup Exec uses a different format so you will not be able to view the

    contents
    >of the CDR/RW from anywhere but Backup Exec.
    >
    >"Larry Wing" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I
    >>look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and
    >>Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro
    >>accurately displays the files just backed up.
    >>
    >>Am I missing something here? Shouldn't I be able to see a file
    >>as on my Zip disks?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Larry Wing

  4. Re: CD shown as blank contents

    Actually, using the same software, it depends as to whether BE has "closed"
    the C/D or not (it's only closed when the capacity is reached). IF the CD
    is closed, Windows WILL show the CD label as BACKUP and there is a README
    file viewable in Explorer.

    "Larry Wing" wrote in message

    > I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I
    > look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and
    > Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro
    > accurately displays the files just backed up.
    >
    > Am I missing something here? Shouldn't I be able to see a file
    > as on my Zip disks?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Larry Wing

  5. Re: CD shown as blank contents

    I'm new to the CD game, but I thought the only cd's that are "closed" are
    CD-R, and CD-RW are displayed as a removable disk (ie, Zip, floppy, etc.).
    I take it I'm wrong about that?

    Thanks,
    Larry

    "Rob" wrote:
    >Actually, using the same software, it depends as to whether BE has "closed"
    >the C/D or not (it's only closed when the capacity is reached). IF the

    CD
    >is closed, Windows WILL show the CD label as BACKUP and there is a README
    >file viewable in Explorer.
    >

    >"Larry Wing" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've formated a CDR-W with BEPro 4.5 and then backed up. When I
    >> look at the cd with Windows Explorer, Drag and File, and
    >> Powerdesk, it appears blank. But when I select Restore BEPro
    >> accurately displays the files just backed up.
    >>
    >> Am I missing something here? Shouldn't I be able to see a file
    >> as on my Zip disks?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Larry Wing

+ Reply to Thread