Problems with backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problems with backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having a couple problems with my Backup Exec Pro 4.5. I just bought the program and am trying to backup some data on some drives. My first problem is that anytime I put any media in the drive ...

  1. Problems with backup

    I am having a couple problems with my Backup Exec Pro 4.5.
    I just bought the program and am trying to backup some data on
    some drives.

    My first problem is that anytime I put any media in the drive
    and start the backup it tells me that it isn't formatted or
    contains a deleted block. I usually put it into Easy CD and erase
    the disc and then put it back in for Backup Exec. It then tells
    me it needs to be formatted so I select use another and hit OK
    on the next dialog and it starts backing up fine. This happens
    with new media and old media alike.

    My second and more pressing problem is that when I select data
    over multiple drives (Say H:, I:, and J it starts backing up
    the first drive but when it hits the second drive it tells me
    "The following error code was reported. File set directory corrupt
    (4618 120A). This only happens when I backup to a CD. When I
    backup to a file all files are backed up fine.

    I have a Ricoh 7060S CD-RW drive.
    I do know it works as I copied file to a CD today and verfied it
    using Adapted Easy CD.

    Thank you,

    Lance

  2. Re: Problems with backup

    have you tried another BRAND of media? errors like this are usually associated
    with the media. even though you are able to do a full erase with Adaptec
    EZ CD Creator, i would still first try a new brand of media.

    "Lance Robertson" wrote:

    >I am having a couple problems with my Backup Exec Pro 4.5.
    >I just bought the program and am trying to backup some data on
    >some drives.
    >
    >My first problem is that anytime I put any media in the drive
    >and start the backup it tells me that it isn't formatted or
    >contains a deleted block. I usually put it into Easy CD and erase
    >the disc and then put it back in for Backup Exec. It then tells
    >me it needs to be formatted so I select use another and hit OK
    >on the next dialog and it starts backing up fine. This happens
    >with new media and old media alike.
    >
    >over multiple drives (Say H:, I:, and J it starts backing up
    >the first drive but when it hits the second drive it tells me
    >"The following error code was reported. File set directory corrupt
    >(4618 120A). This only happens when I backup to a CD. When I
    >backup to a file all files are backed up fine.
    >
    >I have a Ricoh 7060S CD-RW drive.
    >I do know it works as I copied file to a CD today and verfied it
    >using Adapted Easy CD.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Lance

+ Reply to Thread