    Thanks
    Star

  2. Re: UNIX mail box

    On 2007-07-10, star wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have HP UX 11i version of UNIX installed by my administrator. A
    > SMTP server has also been configured on this server. I have been given
    > a user ID. What should i do to forward the emails which my user ID
    > receive on this box to a different email ID.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Thanks
    > Star

    $ echo "forwarding.address@domain.example" >~/.forward

    should do the trick. See the manpage aliases(5) for more
    information.

    --
    Mark Shroyer
    http://markshroyer.com/

  3. Re: UNIX mail box

    Bill Marcum writes:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:28:44 -0700, star
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> I have HP UX 11i version of UNIX installed by my administrator. A
    >> SMTP server has also been configured on this server. I have been given
    >> a user ID. What should i do to forward the emails which my user ID
    >> receive on this box to a different email ID.
    >>

    > echo 'other@address' > ~/.forward

    And if you want to keep your messages on the system as well:

    echo '\localusername, other@address' > ~/.forward

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org
    San Diego Supercomputer Center <*>

  4. Re: UNIX mail box

    On Jul 13, 7:02 am, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Bill Marcum writes:
    > > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:28:44 -0700, star
    > > wrote:

    > >> I have HP UX 11i version of UNIX installed by my administrator. A
    > >> SMTP server has also been configured on this server. I have been given
    > >> a user ID. What should i do to forward the emails which my user ID
    > >> receive on this box to a different email ID.

    > > echo 'other@address' > ~/.forward

    > And if you want to keep your messages on the system as well:
    >
    > echo '\localusername, other@address' > ~/.forward
    >
    > --
    > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org
    > San Diego Supercomputer Center <*>

    thanks a lot for all your help. It is working perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread