GSM library needed for make phone calls - Unix

This is a discussion on GSM library needed for make phone calls - Unix ; Hi All, I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux. Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation services are ...

  1. GSM library needed for make phone calls

    Hi All,

    I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux.
    Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found
    gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation
    services are available(Correct me if I am wrong), Similary I need a
    library through which I can make or receive GSM calls, if not
    available, please give some comments how to implement it.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Hari

  2. Re: GSM library needed for make phone calls

    Hari writes:
    >I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux.
    >Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found
    >gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation
    >services are available(Correct me if I am wrong), Similary I need a
    >library through which I can make or receive GSM calls, if not
    >available, please give some comments how to implement it.

    Typically, a cell-phone responds just like a modem. To make a
    voice-call on a GSM based modem/mobile, its typical to open up the
    serial port to it over the data cable (regular serial, or USB serial
    with correct driver). Issue 'ATD1nxxnnnnnnn' and go from there.

    Each model/vendor supports vendor specific AT commands to do different
    things. You should be able to google your brand and AT commands or
    some such thing to find them.

+ Reply to Thread