    Thanks

  2. Re: UNIX interview help

    Begin <1179440930.356807.207220@q23g2000hsg.googlegroups. com>
    On 2007-05-17, rogv24@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I am looking for a job and these questions often come up can someone
    > tell me what are they looking for:
    >
    > If a server is slow how would you find the problem?

    Basic unix administration skill: finding out just what the problem is,
    where it lies, and from that figure out just what to do about it.

    > What do you do for performance monitoring?

    Same deal, different application. Knowing what tools to use, and how
    to use them, is half the battle.

    > SAN?

    You can look that up yourself.

    If you don't even have a clue where to start finding information like
    this, you really shouldn't be let near computers at all, nevermind Unix
    systems.

  3. Re: UNIX interview help

    Well i think you will have a change to getunix-sys-admin job if you
    dont know the answers for these questions.
    i suggest you should read more about unix and what unix is all about -
    its not only ls/cp/cat/mnt/ commands - theres more to learn.
    if a unix server's slow - you should check what makes it slow - it
    can be a small Perl program with two lines that eating all your
    memory.
    about performance monitoring - Unix provides many tools for a sys-
    admin to monitor the system, why dont you google?
    About SAN - its Storage Area Network usage - check this out for more
    info -- http://www.uniforum.chi.il.us/slides...#slide0001.htm

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.googlepages.com/
    http://elsiddik.blogspot.com/