UNIX interview help - Unix

This is a discussion on UNIX interview help - Unix ; I am looking for a job and these questions often come up can someone tell me what are they looking for: If a server is slow how would you find the problem? What do you do for performance monitoring? SAN? ...

  1. UNIX interview help

    I am looking for a job and these questions often come up can someone
    tell me what are they looking for:

    If a server is slow how would you find the problem?

    What do you do for performance monitoring?

    SAN?

    Thanks

  2. Re: UNIX interview help

    Well i think you wont have a chance to getunix-sys-admin job if you
    dont know the answers for these questions.
    i suggest you should read more about unix and what unix is all about
    -
    its not only ls/cp/cat/mnt/ commands - theres more to learn.
    if a unix server's slow - you should check whats making it slow - it
    can be a small Perl program with two lines that eating all your
    memory.
    about performance monitoring - Unix provides many tools for a sys-
    admin to monitor the system, why dont you google?
    About SAN - its Storage Area Network usage - check this out for more
    info -- http://www.uniforum.chi.il.us/slides...ame.htm#slide0...

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.googlepages.com/
    http://elsiddik.blogspot.com/