Including a directory along with its subdirs in path - Unix

This is a discussion on Including a directory along with its subdirs in path - Unix ; Hi, I work under the TC shell and I would like to add a directory, along with its subdirectories, to my path, modifying the corresponding entry into the .tcshrc file. foo/ foo/d1 foo/d2 foo/d3 .. .. .. and so on. ...

  1. Including a directory along with its subdirs in path

    Hi,

    I work under the TC shell and I would like to add a directory, along
    with its subdirectories, to my path, modifying the corresponding entry
    into the .tcshrc file.

    foo/
    foo/d1
    foo/d2
    foo/d3
    ..
    ..
    ..
    and so on. Is there a smarter way to do it than including separately
    the directory, and each subdirectory? Also, could you suggest me a
    book where Unix commands like sed, awk, etc. are well described? I'd
    like something simple and clear, like O'Reilly book on vi which I
    found veru useful. Thank you,

    Best Regards,

    deltaquattro

  2. Re: Including a directory along with its subdirs in path

    In article <1178275188.188638.124600@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.c om>,
    Amministratore Fluidodinamica wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I work under the TC shell and I would like to add a directory, along
    > with its subdirectories, to my path, modifying the corresponding entry
    > into the .tcshrc file.
    >
    > foo/
    > foo/d1
    > foo/d2
    > foo/d3
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > and so on. Is there a smarter way to do it than including separately
    > the directory, and each subdirectory? Also, could you suggest me a
    > book where Unix commands like sed, awk, etc. are well described? I'd
    > like something simple and clear, like O'Reilly book on vi which I
    > found veru useful. Thank you,

    set path = ( $path foo foo/*/ )

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: Including a directory along with its subdirs in path

    On 5 Mag, 02:50, Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article <1178275188.188638.124...@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Amministratore Fluidodinamica wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I work under the TC shell and I would like to add a directory, along
    > > with its subdirectories, to my path, modifying the corresponding entry
    > > into the .tcshrc file.

    > > foo/
    > > foo/d1
    > > foo/d2
    > > foo/d3
    > > .
    > > .
    > > .
    > > and so on. Is there a smarter way to do it than including separately
    > > the directory, and each subdirectory? Also, could you suggest me a
    > > book where Unix commands like sed, awk, etc. are well described? I'd
    > > like something simple and clear, like O'Reilly book on vi which I
    > > found veru useful. Thank you,

    > set path = ( $path foo foo/*/ )
    >
    > --
    > Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
    > Arlington, MA
    > *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
    >
    > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    Thank you, Barry, that worked perfectly. Any suggestions about the
    book?

    Best regards

    deltaquattro

+ Reply to Thread